No More HAL ? ! ? !

topspot

OH MY GOSH!!!!! It's on the internet so it must be true!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

While it may make sense to consolidate such things as IT departments, reservations, pruchasing, acounting, HR and the such, it does seem to make much sense of redecorating all non Carnival Criise Lines ships to match CCL standards.

It was started on April Fool's Day. The original thread on the Cunard board has been deleted but here is the cached copy:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:XxR3rGZvBVgJ:boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php%3Fp%3D23831078+mickey+arison+carnivalized&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

I was gobsmacked when I read this article.:eek::eek::eek:

I hope it's not true, people sail the various lines because they like the individuality. This could end up hurting their bottom line, not helping it!

That would seem to make sense, although the date on the Baird Maritime site is dated April 7th. It would not be the first time a rumor/joke took on a life of it's own.

I guess Baird Maritime either dosn't understand April Fools Day, ot didn't get the joke.

Thanks for the clarifiction

Dam, that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. No way am I ever cruising a Carnival "fun ship". Stop this stupid idea before it grows any legs. Though at the rate they are ruining HAL ships with their generic and poorly executed "improvements" they are driving us away anyway.

HAL was a perfect niche for us. And it was because it was HAL, not a homoginized Carnival wannabee.

Thanks for the warning so we can start looking around for the next best thing because cruising Carnival will never cut it for us. I am sorry for all the staff and crew that made HAL ships so special.

There's nothing on the Carnival corporate Web site and it would seem to run completely counter of their business model. To say nothing of regulations that would prevent a monopoly.

There is nothing to prevent from doing this if they wanted to (although it dosn't make sense). It would not be a monopoly because they already own all of the companies, plus it would not affect X, NCL, RCCL etc.

When I read the article, and saw the date, all I could think was Isn't it a bit late for April Fool?

I don't like the idea at all :mad:.. I sail on Holland America Lines for the low key atmosphere, peace and quiet on the decks and the mature crowds. I don't get on HAL to go party and have a wild time. Carnival has built a reputation for being the "FUN SHIPS". Let them have there fun with the ship that they have ! Leave our peace and quiet ships alone !:mad:

I don't like the idea at all :mad:.. I sail on Holland America Lines for the low key atmosphere, peace and quiet on the decks and the mature crowds. I don't get on HAL to go party and have a wild time. Carnival has built a reputation for being the "FUN SHIPS". Let them have there fun with the ship that they have ! Leave our peace and quiet ships alone !:mad:
Don't get your blood pressure up ... it's NOT true. :)

An April Fools joke - Nothing more.

See Number 2 of the slideshow:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3784#

It's amazing how many blogs of all types & subjects nowadays don't bother with PR releases or even doing the least little bit of research on the information they post:

They see something on another blog and post it on their own as if it were their own writing - and the truth.

It was only an April Fool's prank release. :eek: Someone posted it without doing any further research. There are already two threads going on this - but NOT TRUE.

All of us 'sheeple' can calm down again. My blood pressure was up when I first read it as well. I will fall asleep tonight naming the dam ships and counting the days 'til I'm on one of them again! :D

125 days - 124 days - 123 days (s-t-r-e-t-c-h and y-a-w-n...)

"Tuna of the Seas"???

that is printed these days it seems.. nice post.

An April Fools joke - Nothing more.

See Number 2 of the slideshow:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3784#

It's amazing how many blogs of all types & subjects nowadays don't bother with PR releases or even doing the least little bit of research on the information they post:

They see something on another blog and post it on their own as if it were their own writing - and the truth.

"Tuna of the Seas"???

Yes - and we were also 'informed' that HAL had two new ships that were going to be named the "Potsdam" and the "Pansdam" :D

Someone really has a great deal of creativity to be able to come up with this stuff....

Archived