Co-ordinating MDR Seating

izzypooch

We have friends (4 couples) who have booked a certain cruise through a travel company. We have decided to book the same cruise but we will probably just call Carnival direct because we want a specific room.

Do you think it is still possible for us to sit with them at the same table? Should I try to get that accomplished at time of booking or wait until on board? Thanks for your advice.

We have friends (4 couples) who have booked a certain cruise through a travel company. We have decided to book the same cruise but we will probably just call Carnival direct because we want a specific room.

Do you think it is still possible for us to sit with them at the same table? Should I try to get that accomplished at time of booking or wait until on board? Thanks for your advice.

Yes it is possible. Have their booking numbers when you call Carnival and ask them to link your booking. We've done it before with friends who use a TA.

I just did this yesterday-- You can have your PVP at Carnival bring a supervisor on the phone the super will contact the TA on a 3 way and you give them the Parties Booking number and names and they will link the bookings.-

-Be careful and do not let the TA take over your booking as all you r changes will need to go thru the TA

This is the 3rd time I have done this-You can also email the mdr- and save the reply to confirm--Customer service will give you the email

You need to have your TA do this. Carnival will not speak to you directly since you have used TA.

The friends booked with a TA, the OP said they are calling Carnival direct ...

all the OP has to do is get the booking numbers. Most PVPs will be glad to link all the bookings.

The TA can book you a specific room as well. Then she can link all the reservations together for dining purposes.

I think people are misreading what the OP said??

The OP isnt booked yet ...Anyone at Carnival can link them ... if the OP asks the friends for the booking #s, if the OP is booked direct as they said they plan on doing.

there is no reason the friends wouldnt give the OP their booking #'s that I know of, voila ... easy to do when the OP books DIRECT with Carnival.

I think people are misreading what the OP said??

The OP isnt booked yet ...Anyone at Carnival can link them ... if the OP asks the friends for the booking #s, if the OP is booked direct as they said they plan on doing.

there is no reason the friends wouldnt give the OP their booking #'s that I know of, voila ... easy to do when the OP books DIRECT with Carnival.

I don't think I am. The OP is stating to get a specific room, she must book through Carnival.

I don't think I am. The OP is stating to get a specific room, she must book through Carnival.

I guess I took it as she preferred to book direct, rather than she HAD to.

She can book either thru the same TA or Carnival, true, and get the same cabin choices.... and either can easily link the dining tables. I wouldnt book with a TA who wasnt giving me any perks, when I can book direct.

If the OP chooses to book with the TA it might be easier because she wouldnt have to ask her friends for their booking #'s, (or the friends can still tell their TA the OPs booking # and the TA can easily link them still). .. but if there is a price drop, then the OP has committed herself to having to deal with the TA, might be fees etc...

But OP can book the same cabin thru either, that is true. I just took it as a preference, rather than must do it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfadj viewpost.gif

You need to have your TA do this. Carnival will not speak to you directly since you have used TA.

The friends booked with a TA, the OP said they are calling Carnival direct ...

all the OP has to do is get the booking numbers. Most PVPs will be glad to link all the bookings.

fire

Oops I stand corrected. Should have read the post more carefully before giving out bad info. My bad.

Archived