Pinnacle

lidorose

DH & I have eaten at The Pinnacle on two occasions and really enjoyed ourselves.

Neither time was it crowded, and the service was outstanding. Food is very good.

Both times we made reservations well in advance of our cruise.

We are cruising with our 2 daughters & their beaux on the Zui on 5/14, and DH called to book a table for 6 in The Pinnacle for the first night.

First he was told to fax his request, which he did.

He was then contacted by HAL and told the restaurant was sold out that night, that they had "large groups" booked.

He asked if we could get 3 tables of 2, or a table of 2 and a table of 4.

They said no.

I'm surprised that more than 3 months out, the restaurant is completely booked.

In Nov. 2004 we cruised on the Oosterdam & booked The Pinnacle for the first night. We were surprised at how empty it was -- only 3 or 4 other tables occupied.

I realize we can go to the restaurant on another night, but since we are picking up the tab for the girls and their beaux for the cruise itself, and we had planned to treat them to The Pinnacle as well ... I'd rather pay 1/2 price the first night.

Thank you, I'll have to wait a few more days since I just faxed my request in this past Monday.

I was told that parties of 6 or more they need it to be faxed into them and then they contact the ship. I find it strange as I made reservations for 5 of us at the Pinnacle on the Zuiderdam and had no problem, but then went to make reservations for 6 on the Volendam and was told I had to fax it in. Weird, but what can you do, its their policy.

Thanks again.

My family and friends have reservations for the first night. Do the desserts differ every night as in the dining room? I've read so much about the fabulous Volcano Cake that I can't wait to try it! I'll be disappointed if it's not served. Is the menu or service shortchanged in any way on the first night since the restaurant is discounted?

Crab is available in the Pinnacle regularly now, as is Baked Alaska which is served w/ flaming cherry sauce. Lobster is also available, I'm told, during formal nights.

No crab or lobster in the Grille last week. Seafood choices included Halibut fillet, Wild King Salmon fillet and "planked scampi" (which were huge prawns).

We went to the Pinnacle on formal night as well as on a casual night and found fewer guests there on the formal night - but still a good crowd. No differences in the menus offered either night, though.

Archived