Today in Alaska, it's . . .

NHsnowpup

OK, so I'm outside raking, gently around shoots that aren't normally there for 2 more weeks, thinking Spring is early, it's 62 (F not C) and sunny. I'm sleeveless and in shorts, sweating up a storm. I just got my first black fly bite of the season, (where is that bug spray?) and probably only getting one more filling of the bird feeder in before it's, "bears are awake, bring 'em in!"

So, for our posters/friends up, up there (AK/BC) . . . how's the weather so far???

Keep us posted, I'm matching my packing to comparable days here and there!!

quick and dirty and highly compressed, one out the front window and one out the back. we have a high sitting on top of us for about the next 4 days. thursday i was prepping the lovely mrs b-d's greenhouses in the snow. very low motivation. but today.................

it won't last, but it makes you forget the last time it rained.

edit, ooh, those photos look like crap. try the webcams

http://kfsk.org/modules/webcam/

i found out that webcams work best in daylight hours, doooooooooooooooooooooh

Can't decide what it wants to do in the Anchorage area. Temps in the high 30s and overcast. Forecast is calling for rain/snow mix with some wind but sun is also trying to peak through. We were in the 40s last week and that should return in a few days.

Can't decide what it wants to do. . Forecast is calling for rain/snow mix with some wind but sun is also trying to peak through.

OK hear ya there. We hit "wintry mix" Friday night coming home from a play. It's not unheard of for us to have a snow day on the Friday before our "Spring Break" the last week of April. Enjoy the sun when it shines!

Thanks, I'll keep checkin'

The crocus are in full bloom, the yard is raked, all the snow is gone except for the largest piles, I've had my dahlias outside during the day for quite some time, the ice on rivers and lakes is rotten. We took off the snowtires and washed the car...so it snowed one (hopefully) last time.

We are starting back to BC tomorrow...once we get thru the snow that is in forcast for northern CA things should be good. We have paid to have our lawn mowed 3 times in BC so far this year and we are going to miss the daffs....but the weeds are certainly there.

i looked yesterday and it was 27 in skagway, 29 in juneau and 36 in ketchikan. brrrr. i would take a warm coat. it is still pretty chilly there. the weather here in the midwest has been more chilly than normal too. i hope it warms up for you. check with the weather channel a couple days before you go and see what they predict the temps too be. have a great cruise.

i looked yesterday and it was 27 in skagway, 29 in juneau and 36 in ketchikan. brrrr. i would take a warm coat. it is still pretty chilly there. the weather here in the midwest has been more chilly than normal too. i hope it warms up for you. check with the weather channel a couple days before you go and see what they predict the temps too be. have a great cruise.

Not in the upper Midwest! We had NO snow at all during march and our lake opened a full three weeks ahead of schedule. April temps have been a full 10 degrees warmer than average. And our winter was extremely mild as well. If this keeps up, we might actually have a summer this year ;-)

Not in the upper Midwest! We had NO snow at all during march and our lake opened a full three weeks ahead of schedule. April temps have been a full 10 degrees warmer than average. And our winter was extremely mild as well. If this keeps up, we might actually have a summer this year ;-)

we have had strange weather here in the upper illinois area. 60 during the day and then frost too scrape off the windshield in the morning. i hope we have a decent summer. not too humid and nice days for picknics, boating and outside outings. no matter what the weather in the 3rd week of june in alaska , im still going too have a great time. counting the days and cant wait :D.

Let's see on the lovely drive this morning to work at 5:30, it was snowing pretty hard at eye level (I mean snowing good as it was hard to see the street lights) and then since the pavement has been warming up during the day, it was slush at street level. Can you saying are we having fun yet, not :p:rolleyes:

Susan in Anchorage :)

We have had the best Winter here in South Florida.NO A/C needed as of yet.I am now well prepared for Alaska summer.Just hope we don't hit a heat wave like we did in June 2004.94 in Fairbanks.Felt really bad for the girls modeling the Fur Coats in the fashion show.

Less then 2 more months till our cruise.YEAH!!!!!!

Ha! The National Weather Service issued a winter weather advisory for the Anchorage area until 6pm tonight. Accumulations of snow up to 8 inches in higher elevations although roads will be wet due to higher temps recently. Spring is officially delayed but, the good news, Redoubt Volcano has been downgraded to code green/background normal.

Ha! The National Weather Service issued a winter weather advisory for the Anchorage area until 6pm tonight. Accumulations of snow up to 8 inches in higher elevations although roads will be wet due to higher temps recently. Spring is officially delayed but, the good news, Redoubt Volcano has been downgraded to code green/background normal.

Well we've probably got 4 inches here in the Lake Otis/Tudor area but it has slowed down significantly but I was just out driving and it's all slush. That's all fine unless it freezes tonight :eek:

Is the weather you are currently having in Anchorage "normal" for this time of year? I am wondering whether the months leading into and including July will be on the cooler side. No way to know I realize, after all it is weather..... I am just wondering whether long time Anchorage area residents have experienced this long and severe a winter in the recent past and how it may affect the summer months.

Is the weather you are currently having in Anchorage "normal" for this time of year? I am wondering whether the months leading into and including July will be on the cooler side. No way to know I realize, after all it is weather..... I am just wondering whether long time Anchorage area residents have experienced this long and severe a winter in the recent past and how it may affect the summer months.

Two years ago we had a pretty good snow storm as late as April 26th. Actually this hasn't been a severe winter at all. It's just that it won't go away :D

One really has no influence over the other, so what it does in the winter will have no impact on the summer weather except maybe influence the mosquito population.

That's all fine unless it freezes tonight :eek:

We have tentatively set our last day of school for this year. (probably just jinxxed us) Not used to having all the plow piles gone this soon. I think what we are having is Spring?? But 20's are forecasted for this weekend and we scraped the windshield this AM.

Does the birch syrup replace maple sugaring up there? Sounds like a nice alternate to a T-shirt souvenir. Would maple syrup from NH be considered a nice thank-you gift or eh, "thanks, you shouldn't have"

Archived