Today in Alaska, it's . . .

NHsnowpup

We have tentatively set our last day of school for this year. (probably just jinxxed us) Not used to having all the plow piles gone this soon. I think what we are having is Spring?? But 20's are forecasted for this weekend and we scraped the windshield this AM.

Does the birch syrup replace maple sugaring up there? Sounds like a nice alternate to a T-shirt souvenir. Would maple syrup from NH be considered a nice thank-you gift or eh, "thanks, you shouldn't have"

The birch syrup is really good. Have had several flavors and enjoyed them all. We actually have a few companies (like Alaska Wildberry) that make commercial jams with berries just local to Alaska. You can find them in most gift shops or if you come into Anchorage Wildberry has a shop off of International Airport Road and the Old Seward Highway or if you're in town on a weekend, several vendors have booths with syrup, jelly, meat, fish and such.

I think that NH maple syrup would be a great thank you gift.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Well let's see, it finally stopped snowing.

Blue skies and sun this morning and 31F at 7:30 a.m. Officially, yesterday's snowstorm set a new record for the day - 9 inches. Bsically roads are clear but a little slippery.

Well let's see, it finally stopped snowing.

Blue skies and sun this morning and 31F at 7:30 a.m.

Woke up Friday AM to snow on the daffodils, grey skies. Which of course meant I was late to work :o because no good photo op gets ignored! Been raining off and on, so it was short-lived beauty.

Thanks to my new AK friends for the updates and help with the syrup.

Snow? I'm up in Fairbanks, we haven't had snow that stuck in weeks and weeks, it's 48* right now. We are pretty much through with break-up... very few puddles anywhere and not much mud, a very nice spring indeed. I should knock on wood tho, I remember when we got 18 inches of snow on May 18th one year. That was a mess, all melted really fast, like having to go through two break-ups.

Snow? I'm up in Fairbanks, we haven't had snow that stuck in weeks and weeks, it's 48* right now. We are pretty much through with break-up... very few puddles anywhere and not much mud, a very nice spring indeed. I should knock on wood tho, I remember when we got 18 inches of snow on May 18th one year. That was a mess, all melted really fast, like having to go through two break-ups.

It snowed 9 inches last week and now it's doing it again. Ground is still pretty warm so it isn't sticking yet, but if it keeps coming down the way it is, it's going to stick. I think we're on like the 4th or 5th breakup of the year. My whole yard still hasn't completely uncovered once.

We were down in Wasilla/Anchorage for a hockey series the weekend of the 2nd-4th of April and it was beautiful, but I do remember seeing that it turned nasty by the next weekend. We are always leery of making the drive down in the springtime cuz you just never know.

"Let it snow Let it Snow Let it snow" describes whats going on at least in my little corner of Alaska in Meodowlakes.

Its snowing and not just a little bit. Its coming down pretty hard and fast but I think its not really the sticky kind of snow but more of the flaky kind that dosent stick or anything.

I was typing away at somthing and looked out the window at the lake and it was snowing snowing snowing. Woohoo dont like the weather wait five minutes and it will change lol :)

Adri

Archived