Friends of Bill W. on NCL Dawn

FI and I are leaving for our honeymoon in just over a month. I was wondering if there are Friends of Bill W. meetings on the Dawn, and how often they are. Does anyone have recent information (dailies?) that have this information?

They do this on all the NCL ships I have been on and it is daily.

O K' date=' I have always wondered WHAT IS THE FRIENDS OF BILL W AND DOROTHY something on the Dailies????? Do I have to crash to find out??? Someone give.[/quote']

Friends of Dorothy is Alternative Lifestyle - think Gay, Lesbian , Transvestite etc.

Friends of Dorothy is Alternative Lifestyle - think Gay, Lesbian , Transvestite etc.

Sexual orientation, be it gay or heterosexual, is not a "lifestyle." It's a core part of what a person is, like race. And being gay isn't an alternative to anything. It's what a gay person is. For a heterosexual, being gay is not an alternative, and vice versa.

And, fwiw, I've never heard "Friends of Dorothy" used to refer to "transvestites" (hardly a word most people use in any event). It's an extremely dated term for gay people, generally male, the reference being to the many gay male fans of Judy Garland.

Sexual orientation, be it gay or heterosexual, is not a "lifestyle." It's a core part of what a person is, like race. And being gay isn't an alternative to anything. It's what a gay person is. For a heterosexual, being gay is not an alternative, and vice versa.

And, fwiw, I've never heard "Friends of Dorothy" used to refer to "transvestites" (hardly a word most people use in any event). It's an extremely dated term for gay people, generally male, the reference being to the many gay male fans of Judy Garland.

Sorry Turtle - Did not mean to offend anyone nor use what might be considered incorrect terminology.

FI and I are leaving for our honeymoon in just over a month. I was wondering if there are Friends of Bill W. meetings on the Dawn, and how often they are. Does anyone have recent information (dailies?) that have this information?

Hi,

I was on the Dawn last year with a friend who attended meetings on board.

Meetings were scheduled every day, around 5 PM.

Never knew that.... I use the term often as I know a few trannies. Cross dressers....usually gay.

Transvestites are cross-dressers and not necessarily gay, in fact more often than not, they are heterosexual.

And, fwiw, I've never heard "Friends of Dorothy" used to refer to "transvestites" (hardly a word most people use in any event).
Indeed, the T in LGBT is usually used for "transgender", which is significantly different from "transvestite".

Friends of Bill W. met every day at 5 PM in the Boardroom (deck 12, forward), except for the first day where they met in the Bangkok room (also deck 12, forward)

FOD met at the DJ booth in Dazzles Lounge (Deck 7, forward) every night at 10 PM.

I do have all of the dailies from October 2009.

Sometimes you have to sit there for awhile before anyone shows up. The last time I cruised there were quite a few friends of Bill every day, which was great

Sorry Turtle - Did not mean to offend anyone nor use what might be considered incorrect terminology.

I don't think you need to apologize. Our country has become so politically correct that you are bound to step on someones sensitivities. But, that's another conversation for a different forum. :)

This is all about fun and cruises here.

I don't think you need to apologize. Our country has become so politically correct that you are bound to step on someones sensitivities. But, that's another conversation for a different forum. :)

This is all about fun and cruises here.

This has nothing to do with political correctness, merely with accuracy. I am a lesbian. My sexual orientation isn't a lifestyle, nor an alternative to anything else. It is part of who I am, just as sexual orientation is part of who others are as well, gay or non-gay. I was merely pointing that out. I doubt anyone would say that being African American is an alternative lifestyle. It's the same thing. (I don't think crewmom meant to offend, and I certainly didn't accuse her of intending to.)

And I agree, I come on this board for fun and to learn more about cruises. :)

Archived