Air Fare to Barcelona?

MarilynTX

For those advocating cruise air because it's CHEAPER, just ask 4-500 Star Princess passengers how well cruise air worked for them. They all missed their cruise and those without insurance lost ALL their money EXCEPT for the small amount paid for CRUISE AIR.

BECAUSE cruise lines generally book USA departing passengers on USA based airlines and in the Star Princess incident, the USA airlines shut down flights to Santiago, those pax had NO options. The tickets were NO GOOD on other carriers that WERE flying to Santiago (actually Mendoza) AND the tickets were non reroutable, so passengers could not even use their cruise air tickets to fly to the couple of ports where the Star Princess DID port.

Pax were asked to pay up to $1500pp ADDITIONAL to reroute their cruise air tickets. They also could not fly into Buenos Aires and take a luxury bus ride to Santiago (yes, it was 17 hours on a sleeper type bus-better accommodations than a lot of USA airlines business class seats.) But at least some made the cruise with this routing..

It only takes one little glitch and you can be in deep doo-doo with your cruise air tickets. Can be as simple as what happened at LAX four days ago-security shutdown for 2 hours due to a gentleman NOT realizing his bag needed to be rechecked.

I didn't say I advocated cruise air (in fact, I said I wasn't in favor of it). I said that it might be something to check out. OP - you can contact a TA to see if you can get tickets from a "consolidator". Chances are you'll just have to pay the going rate for that time of year, though.

I've settled on $1215 pp on American with one quick plane change in Madrid. I appreciate everyone's input. Some of the responses were a little harsh. If I didn't need help I wouldn't have asked. Is the nastiness really necessary? I've traveled some but obviously I'm an idiot to those he are wiser and richer than I.

Technically, Globalizer...I made a statement about the length of time between flights. I didn't ask for help. I commented that 6 hrs seemed a tad too long and a waste of time...

As for the airfare, I'm trying to get a ballpark price for next summer. I need an idea of what to expect...I'm well-aware that these prices are rough estimates.

I've settled on $1215 pp on American with one quick plane change in Madrid. I appreciate everyone's input. Some of the responses were a little harsh. If I didn't need help I wouldn't have asked. Is the nastiness really necessary? I've traveled some but obviously I'm an idiot to those he are wiser and richer than I.

Hope I wasn't one of the "nasties"....just tried to give you some info. If so, I apologize. I know it's expensive for you, but it sounds like you've gotten tickets that will work well for you. Enjoy your cruise....and your flights!

Archived