Stocking suites

lndamitch

They do have some New Zealand Sav on board at times but not very much. We always ask our TA to request our suite is stocked with NZ Sav from the Marlborough region and that it is served at dinner for the duration of the cruise before we board. Do not leave it until you board or let your TA fob you off with "ask your butler when you board" beause there is a strong chance they will not have any NZ Sav on the ship.

Our request has never been turned down but I have to say we do not drink spirits or drink at the bar. So NZ Sav is our only drink request and it is not an expensive one.

Enjoy your cruise and hi from Sydney!

Last cruise I asked for a California chardonnay - Mer Soleil. (very full bodied, oaky) I was told that it was not available, but once I described what I wanted, I was given several other very acceptable choices. Don't recall the names now.:(

Disembarked S Shadow last week and Pommery was the stock Champagne. They had NZ Sauvignon available. As said previously, if you don't like what you are offered, ask for something else. The sommelier will always bing you other wines to try.

Archived