Mariner of the Seas, Bring my own soda?

I just don't want to have to go get food/drink all the time for my forever hungry 6 year old. She prefers many

small meals per day which makes traveling a pain. I also have to think of our excursions when off the boat...

I have read somewhere on these boards that they cracked down on bringing your own sodas.

since I saw some question about it on the boards recently and we're sailing on the Mariner again this summer, I decided to just e-mail Customer Service and ask. The response I received was that you may board only with one bottle of water. I also wanted to add that we've been cruising with our kids since they were 5 and 7, and I've never wished I had brought food aboard for our non-stop-eater (and picky eater!) youngest. There is plenty of everything you can possibly think of. And if you don't see it, ask for it.

...and we had no problem taking on bottles of water. I had a Trader Joe's cooler bag filled with about two dozen bottles of water and mineral water (and nothing else). I put a luggage tag on it and dropped it off with the rest of our luggage. It was the last bag to arrive, but it made it safe and sound. We didn't even get one of those notes I've read about saying the bag had been inspected. By the way, we did get a flyer when we drove in saying we couldn't bring on either alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages, but since the website seemed to indicate otherwise I figured it was worth a shot.

Archived