A review of the Azura and Naming Celebration

LibraLass41

I was interested in the comments of the balcony overhang whereby someone in a standard balcony cabin could look down on other people sitting on their superior cabin balcony. Whilst on an Azura visit someone told me that on Ventura they were overlooked and the people above smoked constantly at the rail. In port they flicked the ash down and at sea it blew naturally from the end of their cigarettes on to the balcony below. They said they complained at the time to P&O who took little interest and remarked that people were allowed to smoke on their balconies. If this is true it is a bit unsatisfactory. Has this happened to anyone else?

I was interested in the comments of the balcony overhang whereby someone in a standard balcony cabin could look down on other people sitting on their superior cabin balcony. Whilst on an Azura visit someone told me that on Ventura they were overlooked and the people above smoked constantly at the rail. In port they flicked the ash down and at sea it blew naturally from the end of their cigarettes on to the balcony below. They said they complained at the time to P&O who took little interest and remarked that people were allowed to smoke on their balconies. If this is true it is a bit unsatisfactory. Has this happened to anyone else?

I can see this happening yes. My photo is taken from B deck balcony looking down on C and D...If I were smoking, It is possible I could flick ash down on those balconies. I have a similar photo from when i was on Ventura on A deck looking down.

Can I just chip in regarding sun on the balconies.

We were on B deck on Ventura on the port side as we crossed the Atlantic. Although our balcony was fully overhung we had sun for the majority of the day and it was wonderful. We did look down on the balconies on C deck, in fact a friend we met of the roll call was just below us, and yes, if we were rude and ignorant and smoked with could have drop ash or anything else onto them if we had a mind to. But we were envious of their large balcony, particularly as when we booked cabins on B were more expensive that those of C, that is not the case now. We have cabins on C deck for our future cruises on Ventura and Azura and are looking forward to lazy days in the sun or shade. In the same way as we were able to sit in the sun on B deck under the overhang we will be able to sit in the sun on C deck balconies under the overhang. It all depends on the position of the sun how far back you will be able to sit before moving into shade and out of the rain!

Janet

Are you a smoker then Sue? But I bet you would be courteous enough not to flick your ash into my champers and G&T's?! Hope they don't get rid of Oriana!!

No, never smoked in my life, I did say if ! :)

Have been next door to smokers though on the balcony, and yes it does drift in your airspace, but hey-ho.....:rolleyes:

Another thought: with Azura perhaps looking more in the tradition of Oriana/Aurora rather than Ventura, and with an economic recession, will P&O be tempted to sell the older Oriana?

Do we need a "save Oriana" campaign ..?

Our favourite ship without a doubt - would be a disaster if she were sold off.

There is no doubt that the more you pay - the more you are seen on your balcony! Mind you, it's not all that better having the highest balcony and having to look down on those one and two decks below! The exteriors of these two ships were surely designed by a hotel architect who had never been to sea (or even to see)! However, having been on both of them I was very impressed by the interior decoration and service.

If you have booked, you should very much enjoy your cruise.

Oh yes - it is £10 to use the "Adults Only" area - for half a day, or £20 for the full day, not including any beauty treatement!

Archived