group cruise Sapphire Princess Alaska

readsalot

Hello All,

I am taking a family group on a cruise to Alaska this August. My TA is doing it, but as group leader, I want to be sure I'm doing everything for the group--27 of us. I had hoped for a free wine welcome party, but was told we are too small a group. Does anyone have any ideas or know of any perks I should be asking for?

Thanks, fellow cruisers!

Readsalot :)

Hello All,

I am taking a family group on a cruise to Alaska this August. My TA is doing it, but as group leader, I want to be sure I'm doing everything for the group--27 of us. I had hoped for a free wine welcome party, but was told we are too small a group. Does anyone have any ideas or know of any perks I should be asking for?

Thanks, fellow cruisers!

Readsalot :)

How many cabins are booked? 27 passengers actually doesn't have to do much with it, it is the number of cabins booked to get group rates and perks.

With 11 staterooms booked through a TA as a group, I would think you would be offered a few more perks then just the free passage for one. What I would be asking for is shipboard credit for each cabin, that way you can do as you please with the credit. ;) Many TA's offer shipboard credit, even when not booking 11 cabins, I think that is the least they could do for your group.

I think it depends.

If the TA discounted the cruise quite a bit - she may not be able to provide a wine party. On the other hand, if she didn't discount the group and she made a good profit on the cruise, I think it would be nice to use some of her commission to throw a get together.

Archived