booking on board

I will be on the Majesty in two weeks and am also looking to book Majesty for a summer trip. Should I book now, because I want 3 cabins next to each other or wait until I am on board in two weeks and book then? What are the incentives?

If you book onboard, you can get $50 OBC per cabin, I believe, with a future cruise booking and friends and family vouchers (still giving those?). It just depends on the amount of risk you want to take ... which is more important ... the OBC or the cabins next to each other?

Wait till you get on board. The Majesty doesn't sell out as fast as some others since the itinerary doesn't change. The OBC will almost pay for a berth! We didn't receive the friends and family vouchers last time :(

We booked onboard a few weeks ago and got the OBC plus a free room upgrade, still an inside but a much bigger one than we were originally planning. Also when we got home, I checked to see what price I could get elsewhere and couldn't find anything as good as the price I was given onboard. I think I would be tempted to always book onboard in future, you can always change it when you get home.

Pam

It's all about priority versus risk. I had this dilemma when figuring out when to book my spring 2011 cruise that jsut became availble to book. The price was too good to be true, so I had to choose between book now at the price and room I want, or wait until May to try for OBC. I was convinced to book early, and I'm glad I did- the rooms went up $90 per person, so I would be out money even with the OBC. It's all about popularity of cruise ship, time of year, etc. If the room category/location/connecting rooms are most important and the price is right, then book now. If you want to take a chance, then wait.

We booked a 7 day Serenade for next March while on Majesty one month ago. We booked three cabins. We got $100 OBC in each cabin, we got two Friends and Family certificates for each cabin and we only had to pay $100 deposit per person instead of the usual $250.

Archived