Healthy Food Recommendations

suncruising

You can talk to the maitre d', and he'll give you suggestions or have food specially prepared for you without sauces. There are always good whole grain breads and rolls, there are lots of salads, and there is plenty of fruit at breakfast and lunch in the buffets. We rarely eat dinner in the buffets, but you can ask for fruit or extra vegetables in place of potatoes of pasta in the MDR. If you want to eat healthy foods on a Princess cruise it isn't difficult if you have the will power to pass up the less healthy choices.

Also, They offer something, I think it's called "Lotus Spa" options on the menu and these are generally foods that are tasty and light. They have less fat, calories and are lower in sodium.

I try to stay healthy even when on vacation, so I have ordered these on our last cruise and they were all wonderful. If you want to try something that is not a lotus spa option, as a previous poster said, they will prepare to your liking and hold anything you want held! :)

Lots of good choices at the buffet. My typical breakfast last week consisted of an eggwhite omlet w/ spinach, bell peppers, onions, green onions and jalepenos, a 6 grain roll, 3 or 4 slices of canteloupe and a couple roasted tomato halves. Lunch was typically grilled fish (occasionally a slice of meat from the carving station), a 6 grain roll and a monster salad of very nice field greens, tomoatoes, bell pepers and onions w/ balsamic vinegar and evoo. Dinner I typically backed off a bit from this regiment, but still made health conscious choices.

does anyone know if Princess prepares their dishes with MSG? I had to cut it out of my diet and it will keep me up all night if I eat it.:eek:

Speak to your headwaiter (not your waiter). He/she will work with you to make sure there is no MSG in your food.

does anyone know if Princess prepares their dishes with MSG? I had to cut it out of my diet and it will keep me up all night if I eat it.:eek:

I am pretty sure they do not use MSG. I get headaches and dry mouth from MSG and the only headaches I have got on a cruise are from the bar drinks. Hmmm I wonder if the drinks have MSG!

At lunch I go for the salad bar -- there is such a variety of vegetables cut to make salad with - I load up

I also love some of the cold fruit soups at dinner - (pina colada soup is my favourite, but it isn't the most calorwise one)

I am pretty sure they do not use MSG. I get headaches and dry mouth from MSG and the only headaches I have got on a cruise are from the bar drinks. Hmmm I wonder if the drinks have MSG!

That MUST be what it is :D Lol! Thanks for the info - like you I am pretty much litmus paper for MSG.

Archived