Show me your aft!

jhale

also the balcony lights are turned off by the Bridge at night so don't plan on reading there at night unless you bring a book light. thats for the aft wraps and just the afts right below the Lido deck but the lights are for most all on wraps..:eek:

I have never heard anyone else post or mention anything about them turning balcony lights off on the ship from the bridge. To the contrary, I have seen many posts on here about "bad" neighbors who leave their balcony lights on all night......

I have never heard anyone else post or mention anything about them turning balcony lights off on the ship from the bridge. To the contrary, I have seen many posts on here about "bad" neighbors who leave their balcony lights on all night......

Thats only on side balconys...search balcony lights on aft..thats where you will find that info..I have had 2 on aft both wraps and that is standard procedure. You can turn them on in port..but not while at sea...

Edited by Thundertouch

Thats only on side balconys...search balcony lights on aft..thats where you will find that info..I have had 2 on aft both wraps and that is standard procedure. You can turn them on in port..but not while at sea...

So that would explain why members of the balcony club like it in the aft. :D

Then why have I seen videos on YouTube of the aft wraps, while at sea, with the lights turned on?

As far as the lights on at night thing goes, on the Ecstasy, we could turn our aft balcony light on at night; however on the Triumph we could not. Perhaps it has something to do with the way the ships are designed that stipulates the "no lights on at night" rules.

Then why have I seen videos on YouTube of the aft wraps, while at sea, with the lights turned on?

Are you sure they weren't the rooms lights with the curtains open? I was informed that they turn them off by the bridge for navigation purposes.. I also got a 300.00 check back from Carnival because they didn't come up front about not being able to use the balcony at night on sea days, which made it not useable at night..except for some activities...Trust me call Carnival and they will tell you about the lights now.

Are you sure they weren't the rooms lights with the curtains open? I was informed that they turn them off by the bridge for navigation purposes.. I also got a 300.00 check back from Carnival because they didn't come up front about not being able to use the balcony at night on sea days, which made it not useable at night..except for some activities...Trust me call Carnival and they will tell you about the lights now.

Carnival paid you because you couldn't use the balcony light at night?

Carnival paid you because you couldn't use the balcony light at night?

Yes ..If you go to the BBB you will find our settlement..It was not the money for the balcony lights as the settlement ..it was not informing a buyer of a service of the details ...Ppl get the aft wraps for the use of the balcony..if one can't use the balcony for a period of time on a cruise and they are not informed then how is one to make an informed decision on how and if they want to spend their money on it...Thats why a received a check..for them Not informing me that the lights were not useable on a part of our cruise.

Edited by Thundertouch

We been in several afts and aft wraps and have always had our choice to turn off or on the balcony lights..is this something new?

Yep, watched the guy turn on the light switch, walk outside, and in his panning around you could clearly see the three lights were on. He was in room 6329...the same room I'll be in, thus the reason I looked for the video.

I am considering aft 7330 on Destiny. Does anyone have info as to the size of the balcony and whether we can have deck loungers on it? Is the cabin situated like a regular balcony cabin?

Thanks.

the aft cabins across the back are laid out the same as on the side.

the only difference is the two middle ones--- which will be a few inches smaller and no reported sofa.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2319544980098669841NIvPmw

the aft balconies are larger- I can not see a lounge chair out there as it will take up your space

empress deck 7 is the best deck-- see if you can chose another cabin for the sofa

Edited by serene56