AK locals, please help me pick the best date

LindaKE

We picked a cruise beginning July 23 for 2 reasons: 1) greater chance of getting to Sawyer Glacier, which I know is not guaranteed anytime, and 2) getting to see a salmon run in Ketchikan, Skagway, and/or Juneau. All other factors were pretty much the same for other dates except that we need to be home by the the end of the first week of August at the latest. Now I'm wondering if there would be a better choice of time considering those 2 factors. At this point, it's not to late to change. I understand that there are no guarantees, but, if you were booking considering those 2 criteria only, what date would you choose?

Thanks!

I would really hesitate to book any earlier (and would even book a week later if it works into your schedule) if you want to see the salmon running, although you know Mother Nature -- anything is possible. ;)

I saw another post from several ears ago which made me start second guessing myself. We'll probably just keep our current booking since we really want to back home in early August.

Thanks!!

Archived