Jewel of the Seas - Tampa, beginning November, 2011?

negc

On October 29, 2011, Jewel of the Seas will be doing a 14 night repositioning cruise that will conclude in Tampa. Any ideas as to what her itineraries will be when she begins sailing out of Tampa after this repo? Hopefully we'll have more details shortly. We booked the repo just this evening and the itinerary includes port calls in St. Thomas, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Barbados, Curaçao, and Aruba - not the same old, same old that some complain about when commenting on RCI's itineraries.:)

On October 29, 2011, Jewel of the Seas will be doing a 14 night repositioning cruise that will conclude in Tampa. Any ideas as to what her itineraries will be when she begins sailing out of Tampa after this repo? Hopefully we'll have more details shortly. We booked the repo just this evening and the itinerary includes port calls in St. Thomas, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Barbados, Curaçao, and Aruba - not the same old, same old that some complain about when commenting on RCI's itineraries.:)

I've looked and can't find this itenerary anywhere. Do you have to be a travel agent to get this ahead of the group?

According to the RCI website, Oct. 22, '11 is the last 7-night cruise listed.

My son lives in Tampa, and I would LOVE to see Jewel out of there for Thanksgiving 2011. I hope they don't degrade our favorite RCI ship by scheduling 4 and 5 day cruises. Would love to see the Jewel doing a 11-night or up to a 14 night cruise out of Tampa.

I've looked and can't find this itenerary anywhere. Do you have to be a travel agent to get this ahead of the group?

My son lives in Tampa, and I would LOVE to see Jewel out of there for Thanksgiving 2011. I hope they don't degrade our favorite RCI ship by scheduling 4 and 5 day cruises. Would love to see the Jewel doing a 11-night or up to a 14 night cruise out of Tampa.

Pacruzer posted these in another thread:

12 Nov 2011 Caribbean C 5 RCI Jewel Of The Seas TPA view 4 N/A

17 Nov 2011 Caribbean C 4 RCI Jewel Of The Seas TPA view 4 N/A

21 Nov 2011 Caribbean C 5 RCI Jewel Of The Seas TPA view 4 N/A

26 Nov 2011 Caribbean C 5 RCI Jewel Of The Seas TPA view 4 N/A

01 Dec 2011 Caribbean C 4 RCI Jewel Of The Seas TPA view 4 N/A

05 Dec 2011 Caribbean C 5 RCI Jewel Of The Seas TPA view 4 N/A

10 Dec 2011 Caribbean C 5 RCI Jewel Of The Seas TPA view 4 N/A

15 Dec 2011 Caribbean C 4 RCI Jewel Of The Seas TPA view 4 N/A

19 Dec 2011 Caribbean C 5 RCI Jewel Of The Seas TPA view 4 N/A

24 Dec 2011 Caribbean C 5 RCI Jewel Of The Seas TPA view 2 N/A

29 Dec 2011 Caribbean C 4 RCI Jewel Of The Seas TPA view 2 N/A

02 Jan 2012 Caribbean C 5 RCI Jewel Of The Seas TPA view 4 N/A

07 Jan 2012 Caribbean C 5 RCI Jewel Of The Seas TPA view 4 N/A

12 Jan 2012 Caribbean C 4 RCI Jewel Of The Seas TPA view 4 N/A

16 Jan 2012 Caribbean C 5 RCI Jewel Of The Seas TPA view 4 N/A

21 Jan 2012 Caribbean C 5 RCI Jewel Of The Seas TPA view 4 N/A

26 Jan 2012 Caribbean C 4 RCI Jewel Of The Seas TPA view 4 N/A

30 Jan 2012 Caribbean C 5 RCI Jewel Of The Seas TPA view 4 N/A

04 Feb 2012 Caribbean C 5 RCI Jewel Of The Seas TPA view 4 N/A

09 Feb 2012 Caribbean C 4 RCI Jewel Of The Seas TPA view 4 N/A

13 Feb 2012 Caribbean C 5 RCI Jewel Of The Seas TPA view 4 N/A

18 Feb 2012 Caribbean C 5 RCI Jewel Of The Seas TPA view 4 N/A

23 Feb 2012 Caribbean C 4 RCI Jewel Of The Seas TPA view 4 N/A

27 Feb 2012 Caribbean C 5 RCI Jewel Of The Seas TPA view 6 N/A

03 Mar 2012 Caribbean C 5 RCI Jewel Of The Seas TPA view 4 N/A

08 Mar 2012 Caribbean C 4 RCI Jewel Of The Seas TPA view 4 N/A

12 Mar 2012 Caribbean C 5 RCI Jewel Of The Seas TPA view 4 N/A

So based on the above it looks like it will be 4 and 5 night sailings. Perhaps there will be some B2B options though.

Grandeur used to sail from Tampa to Western Caribbean

it did until few days ago

before Radiance took it over. Radiance is currently doing Western Caribbean

it has not. I believe late SEP or early OCT is the set date

Jewel will be doing the same or similar itineraries.

That's probably correct. 4 and 5 day cruises.

Actually we found out about this repositioning cruise by reading the CC thread for this year's sailing. People on this cruise posted this information and indicated that they had booked the cruise and had confirmations of the reservation. We tried the normal RCI reservation numbers but no one there was able to access the information and none were aware of the cruise or the itinerary which was apparently not in their reservation system. Only when we called Crown and Anchor and spoke to someone on the Diamond desk did we get an acknowledgement of the cruise and its particulars and were we able to book ourselves and several friends on this cruise. IMO it is a sad state of affairs when neither travel agents nor ordinary cruisers, nor RCI's own Customer Service reps are privy to such information, but some of us with a bit of perserverance and willingness to explore all avenues are able to find and act on this information. Hopefully the reservation system will have this information loaded into it overnight and this cruise will be open to anyone seeking to book it tomorrow through the normal channels.:).

If you call RCI's general reservations number, you will find that they still do not have the Jewel 2011 repositioning cruise in their system. I suspect that when they finally do, many people will be sorely disappointed to find that their favorite cabins have already been booked. :rolleyes: Really poor communications within the cruiseline.

If you call RCI's general reservations number, you will find that they still do not have the Jewel 2011 repositioning cruise in their system. I suspect that when they finally do, many people will be sorely disappointed to find that their favorite cabins have already been booked. :rolleyes: Really poor communications within the cruiseline.

It is now in the system.

Archived