Gelato Festival in Florence

misspupule

Found this in cyberspace if anyone interested

Gelato Festival you can google it but its in italian. you can get some info from it.

May 28 to 31

Friday may 28 10am to 11p

Saturday may 29 12noon to 11pm

Sunday may 30 12noon to 11pm

Monday may 31 10 am to 3pm

thought if anyone wanted to do a day trip from venice or rome on the train would be fun and interested in attending since we all LOVE gelato.:D:p

Happy Tasting

miss pupule

235786842_gelatofestivalflorence.jpg.0034ffa35042bb185b34ea9c084ce248.jpg

The festival is at Piazza della Santissima Annunziata. This is a few blocks away from the Accedemia. The Archeological Museum is right there .... just in case you need to pretend you headed that way for enlightenment rather than gelato. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi for sure it will be a nice and good experience but if someone will be in Florence apart from those dates I suggest to taste "Vivoli" gelato near Santa Croce Church. According to me the best gelato ever taken in my life. Enjoy it!!!!:)

Found this in cyberspace if anyone interested

Gelato Festival you can google it but its in italian. you can get some info from it.

May 28 to 31

Friday may 28 10am to 11p

Saturday may 29 12noon to 11pm

Sunday may 30 12noon to 11pm

Monday may 31 10 am to 3pm

thought if anyone wanted to do a day trip from venice or rome on the train would be fun and interested in attending since we all LOVE gelato.:D:p

Happy Tasting

miss pupule

Hi for sure it will be a nice and good experience but if someone will be in Florence apart from those dates I suggest to taste "Vivoli" gelato near Santa Croce Church. According to me the best gelato ever taken in my life. Enjoy it!!!!:)

It's been several months since we had a "best gelato" fight here.:)

Vivoli is excellent, but if you are near Santa Croce and want chocolate gelato, Vestri is better (it's a chocolate shop).

Both these places and some others, make their gelato daily from nothing but fresh ingredients.

I won't mention my favorite place as the lines are too long already. :)

Can you be bribed? You know how I feel about gelato...:D

Well, ok, but only you get to read this. :)

It really depends on flavor. I am partial to fruit flavors and for this it is Carrozza in Piazza del Pesce. Best Lemon I ever had (and that's my favorite).

Well, ok, but only you get to read this. :)

It really depends on flavor. I am partial to fruit flavors and for this it is Carrozza in Piazza del Pesce. Best Lemon I ever had (and that's my favorite).

Mmmm, sounds delicioso. Thanks for sharing. I promise to let you ahead of me in line.

Agreed thta some can taste better than others, on the day. But we've never had a bad gelato from any 'gelateria artigianale'.

True, Tom, very true.

For those wondering what "artigianale" means -- artisan is close. It implies handmade.

If you go to a gelateria which makes their own gelato daily, the worst you will end up with is excellent. Never the less, while some people are wine freaks, I'm a gelato (and beer) freak, so searching for the best gelato is always fun, if fattening.

jealous of you tom!! i'm sure you'll come back and let us know how good your gelato adventure was in florence. "gelato" dreams during that weekend. will be in bardolino on lake garda for wine festival oct 3 and 4, venice for 5 days , then cruise greek isles oct 9 on NCL Gem. any suggestions for venice? do i stop in every gelato shop to cleanse my "wine palate". thanks

jealous of you tom!! i'm sure you'll come back and let us know how good your gelato adventure was in florence. "gelato" dreams during that weekend. will be in bardolino on lake garda for wine festival oct 3 and 4, venice for 5 days , then cruise greek isles oct 9 on NCL Gem. any suggestions for venice? do i stop in every gelato shop to cleanse my "wine palate". thanks

My two lira ... La Boutique del Gelato north of S. Marco near Campo Santa Maria Formosa. Tiny, funky little shop .. looks like it was last decorated in the 1930s.

Archived