Captain Morgan drinker

Harbie

After reading hundreds of postings about Rum Runners ---I am going on my very first cruise this year, I am going to give it a whirl. Hope it works. Whats the worst that could happen? It get confiscated or destroyed...It is worth a try. I've heard mixed drinks cost anywhere between 6 and 12 dollars each is this true? Captain and Coke? 12$???????

Expensive, but not $12. Most drinks like that are in the $6.75 range. Foo Foo drinks more expensive, beers less. You might want to think of buying through Bon Voyage, I think a bottle of captain is $40 for a liter, but gets delivered right to your room on embarcation......

You were half right Mach, that is NOT a mixed drink. And mixed drinks is what the OP was asking about. A Captain and coke will cost the OP $5.75.

PLUS 15% gratuity.

You were half right Mach, that is NOT a mixed drink. And mixed drinks is what the OP was asking about. A Captain and coke will cost the OP $5.75.

PLUS 15% gratuity.

Yeah... I know the XO isn't a mixed drink... it's a cognac but it is over $12.

I've had a few scotchs on board that exceeded that mark as well...

:)

I have a question about that menu... If I order a Grey Goose martini, will that be $8.95 like the specialty martinis? Because that sounds like a heck of a deal to me.

*Never mind. I just looked further and answered my own question. $9.95. Still good.

Yeah... I know the XO isn't a mixed drink... it's a cognac but it is over $12.

I've had a few scotchs on board that exceeded that mark as well...

:)

I was shocked when I saw a shot of JW Blue for $15 dollars a shot. Expensive, yes, but for a retail $200+ bottle that's really not bad.....

After reading hundreds of postings about Rum Runners ---I am going on my very first cruise this year, I am going to give it a whirl. Hope it works. Whats the worst that could happen? It get confiscated or destroyed...It is worth a try. I've heard mixed drinks cost anywhere between 6 and 12 dollars each is this true? Captain and Coke? 12$???????

Put the Rum Runners in your check in luggage and carry the coke on with you. I brought 2 liters of Captain in this way and a 12 pack of coke. I should have given the DW a 12 pack of coke also as I had to pick up a six pack in Tortola.

If you get caught you get caught, not that big of a deal.

Good luck

I was shocked when I saw a shot of JW Blue for $15 dollars a shot. Expensive, yes, but for a retail $200+ bottle that's really not bad.....

I think one would be better off just ordering up a single malt than the Johnny Walker Blue. I believe that bottle of Blue comes in a wood box and you can take it with you even if it's the first day of your cruise.;)

And thanks Mach for the menu!!

One question for you as you are aware of the Texas restrictions on delivery of your purchased liquor...would you opt for Bon Voyage on a 5 day Ecstasy cruise??

I'm debating this and I better get it done pretty quickly.

Thanks, ahead of time.

I think one would be better off just ordering up a single malt than the Johnny Walker Blue. I believe that bottle of Blue comes in a wood box and you can take it with you even if it's the first day of your cruise.;)

Hey Big Spender, I was just talking about buying a shot, not the whole bottle. But if you can take it with you on the first day of the cruise, I'll go in halves with you:)

I may get flamed here, but I don't think the drink prices are that bad. :o

Oh yes, very good deal indeed. Well Mr. Moneybags, can you give me a ride back to Park Place on your way back to the castle? Got an extra monacle I can borrow?:)

I may get flamed here, but I don't think the drink prices are that bad. :o

I agree, no flames here! :) I'm saving up for this cruise though, my last cruise with carnival we literally booked a week before and so I didn't have a lot of cash for that trip. Plus it was cold and not really tropical drink weather. However $40 for a liter of captain? Yikes! But my hubby is worth it, I guess ;) lol

Trplnckl - Yes they have a different DOD everyday. Can't remember the names of the all, but they are all different. And if you like a drink they have one day you can get it the rest of the time on the ship - not just that one day it's offered as a DOD!

Also, if you order a double - it can be about $12 a drink! Ordered double capt. and cokes last year and that's about what they were!

Funny! :p :D

These prices are not dissimilar to restaurant/resort prices, so in that way not insane. I think why people freak out is 1.) most everything else is included so alcohol stands out for being a cost. 2.) If you were staying on land, you could bring your own alcohol, but since you're on a ship in the middle of the sea, unless you can conger Seagram's from Seawater, they have you over the proverbial barrel:).

Archived