M-Class: CC 6143/6144 vs SS S2

yj_eugene

Thinking about taking a cruise aboard an M-class ship, and are trying to decide between cabins CC 6143/6144 or an S2 Sky Suite. Space is a big (pun intended) concern, as I am quite gravitationally gifted (i.e., sumo wrestler sized :eek:). We've stayed in a CC on the Century, and found it a bit cramped. M-class CCs appear to be larger, and I've read that 6143/6144 are an extra foot or so wider above that, so I'm wondering how that space would compare to what an M-class S2 sky suite offers. For reference, we've stayed in a D1 balcony on RC's Freedom of the Seas and found that about the minimum space we could live with, and we've had a Junior Suite on the Navigator of the Seas and found that to be quite comfortable. Ideally I'd like to have a full-sized sofa, as the small loveseat-ish thing in the Century CC wasn't all that comfortable, and DW would love to have a nice armchair to sit in instead of just the desk chair. 6143/6144 appear to have a very nice balcony, and the S2's also nice but a bit smaller. We're not sun worshipers, so usually what we want in a balcony is just a place to sit in the shade looking out over whatever port we happen to be docked at or listening to the waves as they pass by on sea days. Of course, one big difference is that with the S2 being a suite, there's having the butler and everything else that comes with being in a suite, which are nice perks to have. We would be Captain's Club Elite based on our Diamond status with Royal Carib, if that makes any difference.

Any experiences you share about the space in these two types of cabins, or any other pros/cons of one over the other, are greatly appreciated.

Thinking about taking a cruise aboard an M-CLASS Any experiences you share about the space in these two types of cabins, or any other pros/cons of one over the other, are greatly appreciated.

The CC cabin on an M -class are slighty bigger than a D1 on an RCCL ship.

Bujt if there was a choice and $$were not an issue I would definately go for the Sky Suite.Although those cc cabins have larger balconies the tables and chairs are the same size on both,the extra space in a Sky Suite would to me be much more beneficial.

Have a great cruise. Which ship are you thinking of sailing on?

We were in 6144 I think it was. it was the one farthest to the aft, 2 up from the Penthouse. And yes the balcony is great but just to caution you, it only had a small sofa.

My wife likes to use the sofa to stretch out and that was the only complaint with the cabin. Otherwise we loved it. Never stayed in Sky Suite.

Duane

If $$ is not an issue, I would definitely go with the Sky Suite. We have been in SS 6145, and that one is bigger than a regular Sky Suite because it's the cabin attached to the big aft suite (I forget which suite it is).

We have found CC cabins on M class to be smaller than we care for, so we would rather spend the extra money and go with SS. We love the extra space and the butler. Just be aware for the future that Mercury's cabins are even smaller. We were in a SS that was tiny and our friends were next door in a CC. They are not big people, and they could barely walk around in the cabin.

Archived