music in the cabins?

Hi cruisers! We were just wondering if they still have the music in the cabins which you can adjust? :confused: It was very relaxing! I remember it on RCCL Explorer 2 years ago, but with changes who knows?

How about the announcements? Do they still do a "gazillion" or just the Captain in the AM or Noon hour?

Anything new I'd like to know about? We're sailing on 11/7, 12 Nights and can't wait to be back on the Explorer again!!

Anything good in the C&A Booket this year? I heard no more Johnny Rockets coupon or buy one drink/get one?

Any information is really appreciated and thank you for your time in posting!:)

Yes there is still the ships speaker in the room ...

As to the announcements - they made an announcement pretty much every morning, and I do remember hearing them sporadically through the day. I would imagine since the feed for the speakers is whatever is in the promenade, however many announcements you here in the promenade, you get in the room unless you turn the speakers off.

Actually I tended to leave them off in the day and on at night for the music. I watched tv or dvds on my laptop during the days in cabin [or itunes music while I was reading on the balcony]

This is actually one of my pet peeves. Some cabin speakers do not work at all. I WANT to hear the announcements and have enjoyed the muzak as well, but the last couple cabins we had the speakers could not be turned up or down just didnt' work:mad: I then have to open the door and try to make out what is being said in the hallway! Wish they would keep them in working order. Hard to reach too as they are mostly under the vanity and you have to get down on your knees to access:rolleyes:

We were told on our last cruise that due to many complaints that regular announcements are no longer made in the cabins. Only emergency announcements will come through the cabin speakers.
Amen to this !!! SHUT UP already...... I'm trying to take a nap in here !!! :D :)

This is actually one of my pet peeves. Some cabin speakers do not work at all. I WANT to hear the announcements and have enjoyed the muzak as well, but the last couple cabins we had the speakers could not be turned up or down just didnt' work:mad: I then have to open the door and try to make out what is being said in the hallway! Wish they would keep them in working order. Hard to reach too as they are mostly under the vanity and you have to get down on your knees to access:rolleyes:

? On the Explorer the adjust/on/off is on the left hand side of the desk on the light pillar thingy and very easy to adjust. The only thing under the desk was the actual speaker. Is it not the case on the other ships?

I actually wish you could turn off just the music and leave the announcements but it is not that way =(

We were on our first cruise on voyager last year and we couldn't hear the announcements in our cabin :(. I liked to hear Captain Patrik telling us we'd be docking at "7am in the morning" :) and giving us a weather report.

I felt a bit silly standing at the cabin door trying to hear what was being said and often by the time I got there I was only in time for the repeat of the "message from our international ambassador" in Spanish (I don't understand Spanish :o)

I thought that it was just our speaker that was broken, it had an off/on switch but it didn't work.

We left our speakers off in the room most of the time. We did turn up the volume when we would dock to hear the Captain say that we had been cleared by customs and could now go ashore. Those were really the only announcements we heard in the cabin. All the bingo/auction/nonsense announcements we only heard when we were on deck or on the Promenade. I don't even remember hearing announcements in the Blue Moon.

Archived