Can Celebrity Elite Passengers Ever Receive Reciprocity for Diamond Plus on RCCL?

elena7seas

We have enough points on Celebrity to equal the requirements for Diamond Plus on Royal Caribbean.

Because Celebrity doesn't have a loyalty level equal to Diamond Plus on RCCL, does that mean a Celebrity cruiser can never receive reciprocity for Diamond Plus on RCCL?

"Never" is a long time. My guess, and it's only a guess, is that X will someday announce an "Elite +" program. When that happens you can most likely become a Diamond Plus on RCL. Hope it's sonner rather than never ;)

Just don't get your heart set on getting the Concierge Lounge perk for RCL Diamond Plus. The rumours are always out there that this too will change, just as they changed the Diamond amenities in 2009.

We think Celebrity offers much better "perks" than RCL and plan to do a lot more cruising on Celebrity (also-because Celebrity has such great food and service.:D)

Currently Elite translates only to Diamond on RCL.

Aarrgh. That's what I was afraid of. I have a Future Cruise certificate for RCCL that I want to use up, but would prefer to go on one of the Radiance Class ships, where the equivalent-to-Elite benefits are negligible.

Is there any RCCL ship that is better than another RCCL ship in terms of the benefits for Celebrity Elite passengers? I know I should post this on the RCCL board too.

Thanks to those that answered my question.

Just don't get your heart set on getting the Concierge Lounge perk for RCL Diamond Plus. The rumours are always out there that this too will change, just as they changed the Diamond amenities in 2009.

We think Celebrity offers much better "perks" than RCL and plan to do a lot more cruising on Celebrity (also-because Celebrity has such great food and service.:D)

Ditto that .Totally agree

I wouldn't bother too much about Diamond v Diamond Plus.

We have just sailed on Brilliance of the seas (Radiance Class), my wife and I are Diamond plus - my parents are Diamond. We didn't notice any difference between the two, except for a bottle of champagne in the cabin when we arrived.

The bridge and galley tours never happened and they seem to be concentrating on the Suite passengers rather than 'past passengers' in my view. The concierge lounge was too full every evening, so we ended up in the schooner bar. When we did ask for some help from the concierge for the Portofino restaurant, he didn't even bother to send on our request to the restaurant. Service has gradually gone down with RCI over the past 4-5 years.

We have transfered our membership to the Captains Club and are taking our first Celebrity cruise on Eclipse in a few weeks time.

Ham

Archived