Waiting for room assignments?

Perhaps you get to port and they tell you "you've been assigned to a Balcony room:D!!!!"

Have you checked what cabins are still available? you might get one of the ones left.

We had our assigment 1 day after final payment. Good luck!

Perhaps you get to port and they tell you "you've been assigned to a Balcony room:D!!!!"

Have you checked what cabins are still available? you might get one of the ones left.

We had our assigment 1 day after final payment. Good luck!

Wouldn't that be nice! As of today there are still balcony rooms available!

I switched us all (3 cabins, 6 people) yesterday from 3 inside cabins on deck 14 (assigned cabins), to all balcony guarantees. The great thing was that because of price drops, it didn't cost a penny more. So I thought I could live with everyone being separated in order to all be in some sort of balcony. They said most likely would be one overlooking Central Park or Boardwalk (Oasis), which I didn't want, but thought it would be better than nothing. They also said that we probably wouldn't receive our new guarantee cabin assignments until about 2 weeks prior to sailing. BUT, I looked today and was extremely excited to see we were all put in oceanview balcony cabins, AND on the same deck, AND only a couple rooms apart!!:) I am one happy cruiser!!:D

We are still 57 days out from setting sail, so I don't know how they determine when to assign cabins??? Good luck and hope it works out as well for you as it did us.

This is my first Royal Cruise and I have no idea how they assign - if it is common or not for them to upgrade etc. My sailing is on May 2nd on FOS and I'm only 16 days away now with no assignments.

I'm glad you got ocean view balconies. I would love it if they gave me a balcony!

I got the inside room assignment - Deck 6 L cat but it is a connecting room:confused: I would have preferred a not connecting.

You could call them back to check if there's another none connecting cabin available in the catagory you were assigned . They have been known to switch , even at this late date.

Not certain if you were calling the cruise line regularly for cabin assignment. FYI what I have experienced is when I call and push for cabin assignment it's just an OK cabin. When I wait patiently ( even for assignment to be made at the pier) I generally do better. But that's just my experience.

As a first time cruiser, I am confused by the waiting for room assignments. When we booked our cruise, I told our TE where I wanted to be located, and that we needed 2 rooms side by side. She went over all the available room numbers with me and I chose which ones I wanted.

Why do you have to wait for someone to assign your room?

As a first time cruiser, I am confused by the waiting for room assignments. When we booked our cruise, I told our TE where I wanted to be located, and that we needed 2 rooms side by side. She went over all the available room numbers with me and I chose which ones I wanted.

Why do you have to wait for someone to assign your room?

A guaranteed room just means you are guaranteed a room in the class you booked or better. So in this case a balcony room or better. The only rub is you don't get to pick your room. They will assign one to you before you checkin. The reason people go for it is it can be significantly cheaper.

Archived