Question about final payment/OBC/what do you do?

Vianky

I am debating waiting or just going ahead and doing my final payment now or when its due on the 27th. The reason I'm debating it is because I know once I make final payment there will be no chance at OBC.

Now, I got the guarantee rate and as of now there are not available for my size family and have not been for the past few weeks. I believe that the only way to get an OBC is if the guarantee for my room and size family price goes down but that not even an option right now.

I'm really excited for some reason to make final payment. Its our first cruise so it could have to do with that but I what I am afraid about is that once I make the payment (if I make it before the final payment date) with my luck the next day there will be a price drop

In your experience, when they do not have anymore guarantee for you size family at some point, does the option at some point come back? Do most of you wait until THE final payment day or just pay it off as soon as you can?

So far it has done nothing but go up. It has gone up almost $600 from what we paid for (the entire family of 4) today it went down like $50. So now its up like $550 from what we paid.

LOL I feel this is SO stupid! To stress over this!

Hold off on final payment until it is verifiably due. Prices often drop right after final payment so expect to take advantage of any price guarantee IF it applies after final payment.

Your excitement is understandable, but logistically, wait as much as possible for 1) interest accruing (haha at like ~1%, barely matters :p) but also 2) more for eligibility if you are out of penalty period.

I am debating waiting or just going ahead and doing my final payment now or when its due on the 27th. The reason I'm debating it is because I know once I make final payment there will be no chance at OBC.

Now, I got the guarantee rate and as of now there are not available for my size family and have not been for the past few weeks. I believe that the only way to get an OBC is if the guarantee for my room and size family price goes down but that not even an option right now.

I'm really excited for some reason to make final payment. Its our first cruise so it could have to do with that but I what I am afraid about is that once I make the payment (if I make it before the final payment date) with my luck the next day there will be a price drop

In your experience, when they do not have anymore guarantee for you size family at some point, does the option at some point come back? Do most of you wait until THE final payment day or just pay it off as soon as you can?

So far it has done nothing but go up. It has gone up almost $600 from what we paid for (the entire family of 4) today it went down like $50. So now its up like $550 from what we paid.

LOL I feel this is SO stupid! To stress over this!

Even if you pay it early, you can get the price drop up until the day Carnival says it is final payment date. Unless you are early saver, you cannot get price drops after final payment date.

Hold off on final payment until it is verifiably due. Prices often drop right after final payment so expect to take advantage of any price guarantee IF it applies after final payment.

Your excitement is understandable, but logistically, wait as much as possible for 1) interest accruing (haha at like ~1%, barely matters :p) but also 2) more for eligibility if you are out of penalty period.

So you say to wait until AFTER final payment? I didnt think that was an option? I figured there would be people that cancel right before final payment or the day of but I thought I would lose my room if I didn't pay THAT day.

But what about the fact that I can't see a price for my size family for guarantee rooms? Well, it's only balcony room that are no longer taking 4 people in guarantee rooms. I can see that the price overall has gone up but my specific situation I can't see because when I go in to do the "fake booking" when I chose 4 people the guarantee option went away and replaced with a "N/A"

Technically, I believe the cutoff is actually the Final Payment Deadline, not the day you make Final Payment - but there have been reports of Carnival using the Final Payment even before Deadline, as the Deadline.

Personally I wouldn't give up any more money than required, until due - just in case "something" unexpected occurs you will have the cash instead of trying to recover it from Carnival -AND- you're definietly eligible for Price Drops until the Final Payment Deadline. ken

Carnival's final payment date is the deadline. Have you checked to see if you have a assignment?? If you do, then even if the guarantee rate dropped, you would have to price match to the cabin category assigned to you.

Right now it says "TBA"

Archived