Holiday Inn Downtown

We are staying 1 night precruise at the Holiday Inn Downtown in Vancouver in June. Just wondering what are the options for breakfast in the area the morning before we get on our ship. Don't need much to eat. We are planning a city tour at 9:00 before boarding. Also, looks like there is a bus stop across the ship. Is that our best option for getting around town the afternoon we arrive. I want to visit Stanley Park and Gastown the day we get in town. We will take a taxi from the airport to the hotel, but plan to use the bus to get around town. I saw on another thread to buy the all day bus transfer at the airport. Any tips would be appreciated.

We are staying 1 night precruise at the Holiday Inn Downtown in Vancouver in June. Just wondering what are the options for breakfast in the area the morning before we get on our ship. Don't need much to eat. We are planning a city tour at 9:00 before boarding. Also, looks like there is a bus stop across the ship. Is that our best option for getting around town the afternoon we arrive. I want to visit Stanley Park and Gastown the day we get in town. We will take a taxi from the airport to the hotel, but plan to use the bus to get around town. I saw on another thread to buy the all day bus transfer at the airport. Any tips would be appreciated.

Sorry, typo - I meant there is a bus stop across the street from the hotel.

There are a couple of Starbucks and indenpendent cafes with a short distance of the hotel. You can purchase your all day pass at the 7-11 or the Pharmasave at the airport or wait until you get downtown and purchase it at a near by convenience store. As this is the Urban trekker's neighbourhood....I am sure he will be right a long with some other thoughts and ideas.

You can also use the all day bus ticket from the airport to get you to about 6 blocks from your hotel.. Just take the Canada Line (elevated/subway train) from the airport to either Yaletown or Vancouver City Centre.

Archived