'Liberty' leaves Miami for FLL

jleq

The last 8 nighter Liberty is doing is Mar 19, 2011 we are already booked...After that no idea about the future 8 nighters out of FLL or MIA..will just have to wait and see what RCI decides to do..I hope they don't give up the eastern 8 nighters !!!!:(

We also booked the March 19, 2011 8-night on Liberty. I hope they don't do away with the 8-night forever, we loved it on Indy.

We also booked the March 19, 2011 8-night on Liberty. I hope they don't do away with the 8-night forever, we loved it on Indy.

Hmm..Looks like we might have the same timing..Were you also on the Mar 20, 2010 8 night INDY sail as we were..? And are you going to be on our Aug 11, 2010 Baltic sail too ? ;)

For what it's worth, I was on Liberty last week. The crew mentioned it was going to Europe starting this summer.

Port of Miami is very distracted by a stupid plan to put in a tunnel for truck traffic. Unlike a real cargo port, there is no rail service into the PoM. So cargo has to be transferred to trucks which then tie up traffic everywhere to get to the port.

Rather than pretending to be a cargo port, they should have focused on Miami's #1 industry, tourism.

A much better plan for PoM is to reduce cargo and add a couple cruise terminals per year.

PoM does have real terminals. I've been on RCL out of both ports. At Port Everglades, it's like a big warehouse with piles of luggage. PoM has airport like baggage handling. Both need more Customs stations but at least Miami has the better facility. I much prefer PoM over Port Everglades.

It's a good thing I like Majesty. I've had enough of the big ships. Their excuse for every long wait is the size of the ship. I get much better deals on Majesty and the ship is in great condition with a very positive crew. If we had to lose one in PoM, I'm glad it was Liberty.

Have fun with the traffic and extra security checks at Port Everglades.

Ray

I agree about the real terminals. We sailed on Indy on the 8 night itineary out of a warehouse terminal and disembarkation was a nightmare even for priority tickets. We sailed on Freedom in 2008 out of Miami and they had airport like baggage handling that made disembarkation a breeze. One reason we are booked on Liberty's 8 night is that it leaves from Miami rather than Port Everglades.

Do you know if tunnel construction under the Cruise Terminal area will affect traffic in Feb.? Thanks

Archived