Price drops when room size guarantee is "N/A"?

Vianky

Does anyone know how I can check for price drops if my guarantee room is no longer available in my family size?

Is that even the way to check for price drops?

What I have been doing is going in and doing the "fake booking" putting in my size family for the guarantee balcony. That is no longer an option. It's still an option for 2 people but not 4. When I put 4 it shows as "N/A"

How can I check in this situation and is a OBC even a possibility when this happens?

I only have a few days before final payment and I want to make sure I do things right

If you are before final payment date, then you can get price drops only if your cabin has not been assigned and there are still the same cabin size available (i.e. if you booked a quad inside guarantee, its has to be available as a quad). If its sold out you cannot price match.

Obviously you didnt book early saver, so cannot get price drops once you make final payment.

PS OBC is not even a possibility, because thats only if you are past final payment. If you are before final payment, they just reduce what you owe.

If you are before final payment date, then you can get price drops only if your cabin has not been assigned and there are still the same cabin size available (i.e. if you booked a quad inside guarantee, its has to be available as a quad). If its sold out you cannot price match.

Obviously you didnt book early saver, so cannot get price drops once you make final payment.

PS OBC is not even a possibility, because thats only if you are past final payment. If you are before final payment, they just reduce what you owe.

Ok I think I understand. As of right now there are no balcony "quad" guarantee So price drop is not an option.

Lets see! I still have 11 days until final payment and as of right now not room assigned. Maybe some more balcony quads will show up.

Thanks!

Ok I think I understand. As of right now there are no balcony "quad" guarantee So price drop is not an option.

Lets see! I still have 11 days until final payment and as of right now not room assigned. Maybe some more balcony quads will show up.

Thanks!

Well since it sounds like you aren't ES you might be in luck. If there remain no quad balconies available you stand a great chance of getting upgraded to a suite. My guess is you don't see any GTY quads but there are other cat (8a, b, c) quads available. I'd keep an eye on those prices. If they dip to what you paid or less you could switch from a GTY to a picked cabin if you wanted (or wait and hope for a nice upgrade). 2 of our 4 cruises have been GTY and both times we were given an E or D cat.

Ill cross my fingers some show up, but there has to be some they are holding back since they booked you, there has to be some available they don't show. Lets hope one pops up to book.

Good luck on getting a free upgrade. Let us know what cabin category they give you?

Well since it sounds like you aren't ES you might be in luck. If there remain no quad balconies available you stand a great chance of getting upgraded to a suite. My guess is you don't see any GTY quads but there are other cat (8a, b, c) quads available. I'd keep an eye on those prices. If they dip to what you paid or less you could switch from a GTY to a picked cabin if you wanted (or wait and hope for a nice upgrade). 2 of our 4 cruises have been GTY and both times we were given an E or D cat.

I didnt even think of that! Thanks! And this is also all before final payment right?

Couldn't there be no cabins available in that category since one has already been reserved for you? I would think that Carnival would not keep booking cabins in your category, especially since you require a 4 person room.

Archived