Cabin Selection

madge57

We usually have and aft cabin but this time we have a forward cabin. I don't get motion sickness at all but my DH does and he takes Bonine and everything is fine. Will having this cabin bother him even though he takes something for the motion? Even better its is only 2 away from Camp Carnival is that bad too:p

It is hard to answer the question "will having this cabin bother him..." It would depend if the sea conditions were such that he was affected by the "pitch" and the extent of his condition relative to the effectiveness of the medication. You may wish to pack other items that have been shown to help

(ginger pills and wrist bands) that can be used with medication.

Enjoy your cruise.

If DH handles an aft cabin, he should handle a forward cabin just as well. Contrary to some posts on other topics, the aft and the bow move the same amount, the only difference is that in the bow you might feel the bow hitting the waves a little, so there is some bumpiness in rough seas.

DH might try adding some ginger -- pills (available at drug stores), candied ginger, ginger snaps, etc. It is proven to help alleviate all motion sickness.

He might try the standard things until he gets his sea legs -- keep the motion visible, so stay out on deck (fresh air helps) or near a window, and (surprisingly) eat normal meals -- don't overeat or eat a lot of greasy foods -- but eat normal meals. Most people get their sea legs in a matter of hours, though it can take a day (or even two for some people), and then they are fine.

Thanks!! i will tell you how bad his motion sickness is!! My son a home made video of him and his friends when he was in high school. We were watching in on the TV and sweat started rolling off my DH head because he was getting sick. My DS isn't the best photographer so there was a little bit of motion No a lot of motion when he was fliming. So I will get the ginger pills, cannied ginger and ginger snaps plus the Bonine!!!:p I don't get sick I went on a ferry going to Put-In-Bay on Lake Erie and the water was very rough and I was 5 months preg. the only thing that bother me was the diesel fuel exhaust but the bothers me when I'm not moving in a vehicle.

Madge: Is this for a cruise in 277 days? I would try to get that moved to a more midship location for your DH- You dont want his sickness to be so bad that he wont ever cruise again.

I have been in aft cabins and not felt the movement as my friends did on the forward cabins. (so if he felt that in the back the forward will be a tad worse)

Archived