Baltimore Pride Time Change

martyap

Seems like Carnival has changed embarkation from 5:30pm to 4:30pm and disembarkation from 10am to 9am...........without any sort of notification. We're driving to the port so it really does not matter but it may create problems for some.....Marty

The Pride started coming into Baltimore last May. The first sailings they did not get in port until 10:00 am. By last July, they were coming in faster. We went on the Pride over Easter and we were in by 8:45 am. I am not sure why the 5:30 sailing was changed to 4:30.

Are they letting us board earlier?

I'd say yes for 2 reasons. Mainly because if they get in earlier they'll be getting the previous cruisers off the ship earlier and be able to get the new cruisers on sooner. Also they'll HAVE to get people on sooner if they have the cruise posted as a 430 departure instead of 530. My cruise is still posted as a 530/10am depart/arrive time cruise. I'll have to go look and see if it has changed. Not much of a deal to me since we are driving and staying precruise for 2 days but could be a big deal for those flying in the day of!

Our itinerary shows the change. DH and I were just discussing going a little later than we normally would for a 5:30 pm departure vice a 4:30 pm. I guess we're back to our usual, arrive around 11. Easy 1 hour drive for us, especially on a Sunday morning.

Our July sailing is now posted as 4:30 instead of 5:30. My mom lives in South Jersey, about 3 hours out of Baltimore, and I'm debating whether to stay there the night before or stay closer to Baltimore.

Can anyone tell me how long it takes after sailaway to get to the Bay Bridge (Route 50)?

Can anyone tell me how long it takes after sailaway to get to the Bay Bridge (Route 50)?

I'm curious about this too. I just did a fast google of sorts on this and found that it's "about 3 hours to Bay Bridge and 9 hours to Bay Bridge Tunnel" That's what someone else posted on the carnival message boards. How true I have no clue.

Our July sailing is now posted as 4:30 instead of 5:30. My mom lives in South Jersey, about 3 hours out of Baltimore, and I'm debating whether to stay there the night before or stay closer to Baltimore.

If I remember correctly it's about 30-45 minutes to the first bridge (can't remember name) and then about 2 hours to the Bay Bridge. The Bay Bridge Tunnel is something else entirely - you will not go under a bridge but over a tunnel at the mouth of the Chesapeake. That takes around 8 or 9 hours.

I kind of enjoyed the not getting into port until 10am when we sailed last May - that last morning was so relaxing getting up and still moving instead of already in port. We had time for a relaxing breakfast, took pictures coming back under the bridges, enjoyed the sights of the Bay, and just reflected on the trip. We had rough seas that week so that may have been why we actually didn't get to the dock until right at 10am.

Right after sailaway, look for Fort McHenry, it'll be on the port side. Next you'll go under the Key Bridge, that's right after the Fort. I don't remember exactly how long it was until the Bay Bridge, but we were at dinner (and luckily seated at a window!).

I wish I had known the ship was leaving earlier. I took my sister out to the Fort last weekend (she was up from NC), and pointed out the cruise ship to her. I didn't think it left until 530 (the grounds of the fort close at 5), so we went earlier in the day. Had I known it was sailing later, we would have gone later, and she could have seen the ship sailing by!

Right after sailaway, look for Fort McHenry, it'll be on the port side. Next you'll go under the Key Bridge, that's right after the Fort. I don't remember exactly how long it was until the Bay Bridge, but we were at dinner (and luckily seated at a window!).

I wish I had known the ship was leaving earlier. I took my sister out to the Fort last weekend (she was up from NC), and pointed out the cruise ship to her. I didn't think it left until 530 (the grounds of the fort close at 5), so we went earlier in the day. Had I known it was sailing later, we would have gone later, and she could have seen the ship sailing by!

Just past Key Bridge is Fort Armistead Park. You can get a good view of the ship from there and the park is open until dusk. Get off the Baltimore Beltway I-695 at exit 1. For detailed directions try MapQuest.

If I remember correctly it's about 30-45 minutes to the first bridge (can't remember name) and then about 2 hours to the Bay Bridge. The Bay Bridge Tunnel is something else entirely - you will not go under a bridge but over a tunnel at the mouth of the Chesapeake. That takes around 8 or 9 hours.

I kind of enjoyed the not getting into port until 10am when we sailed last May - that last morning was so relaxing getting up and still moving instead of already in port. We had time for a relaxing breakfast, took pictures coming back under the bridges, enjoyed the sights of the Bay, and just reflected on the trip. We had rough seas that week so that may have been why we actually didn't get to the dock until right at 10am.

That's about right. For us, its been right about 45 -50 minutes to the Key Bridge (the first bridge) and 2 hours to the Bay Bridge. I always hate the fact that its dark when passing the Bay Bridge Tunnel - that would be so interesting to pass when its light outside.

Marty - Thanks for the heads up. I just checked my reservation and sure enough, it was changed to 4:30. I was just telling my group that debarkation was at 5:30. That could have been a huge mess. LOL

Just checked and sure enough . . . we now depart out of Baltimore at 4:30 on my September cruise. Thank goodness I'll be driving to the Port and plan to get there around eleven. I just hope Carnival has notified those that are flying in about the change in departure time.

I'm on the Pride leaving next Sunday (04/25/10) and my itinerary online still says departing at 5:30... Is there somewhere else I should be checking? Just want to give me group a heads up if there's a change for our sail away time.

I'm on the Pride leaving next Sunday (04/25/10) and my itinerary online still says departing at 5:30... Is there somewhere else I should be checking? Just want to give me group a heads up if there's a change for our sail away time.

Your cruise may not be affected since it's so close. You can call. Does it make much difference in terms of your arrival?

Not really, but one in my group wants to go a little later in the day and I just want to make sure "a little later" would factor in the ship leaving a little earlier. We're driving so not an issue other than liking to share new information with my group (especially if it helps my case for getting on board a little sooner!) if needed.

Not really, but one in my group wants to go a little later in the day and I just want to make sure "a little later" would factor in the ship leaving a little earlier. We're driving so not an issue other than liking to share new information with my group (especially if it helps my case for getting on board a little sooner!) if needed.

we are going 4/25 also and i haven't seen any changes and have not heard anything. What time do you plan on getting there? we are also in a group (15) and are trying to decide what time we should leave that morning (outside of philadephia)

Archived