Baltimore Pride Time Change

martyap

We sail on 8/15. We also received the time change notice. Question: We only live about 40-45 minutes from the port. What time should we arrive if the departure time is 4:30. I am reading some people saying 11 am? Really? That early? I am assuming they allow you on the ship a few hours before departure then?

Thanks in advance! :D

I am assuming they allow you on the ship a few hours before departure then?

Yes... if you time it right, you can be on the Lido deck enjoying lunch and a Drink of the Day by 1:00 PM. :D They started boarding VIPs and Zone 1 about 12:00 PM for my cruise. We got there about 11:00, ended up in Zone 6 to board and we were on the ship by 12:45.

Yes... if you time it right, you can be on the Lido deck enjoying lunch and a Drink of the Day by 1:00 PM. :D They started boarding VIPs and Zone 1 about 12:00 PM for my cruise. We got there about 11:00, ended up in Zone 6 to board and we were on the ship by 12:45.

what are zones? how do you know which zone your in?

We sail on 8/15. We also received the time change notice. Question: We only live about 40-45 minutes from the port. What time should we arrive if the departure time is 4:30. I am reading some people saying 11 am? Really? That early? I am assuming they allow you on the ship a few hours before departure then?

I got to the port at 1130am and had a drink in my hand by noon :)

We left the house about 12:15...went picked up Sister-in-law..was on road by 12:30...got to pier by 1:15...was eating a cheesburger by 2:15......so now we can get there a little early in August...Yeah!!!

That's right.. we are on the same cruise.. Ok.. so I am thinking we will leave here by 10:45 and get into BMore @ 11:30 or so.. ;)

Seems like Carnival has changed embarkation from 5:30pm to 4:30pm and disembarkation from 10am to 9am...........without any sort of notification. We're driving to the port so it really does not matter but it may create problems for some.....Marty

We got a phone call about this yesterday from our TA, but our cruise isn't until September 12th. We're driving from NJ and will be there by noon so it isn't an issue for us.

I wonder however, if some people booked air through Carnival, how this would affect their flights?

- Sharon -

I got the email with the messed up listing and then the correction later....wasn't sure how soon we could sneak on tho we are planning sooner than later. So if we get there around 11-11:30 or 12 then we should be good. I want to try to get a cabana on HMC....(another of the aug 15th crew).

I got the email with the messed up listing and then the correction later....wasn't sure how soon we could sneak on tho we are planning sooner than later. So if we get there around 11-11:30 or 12 then we should be good. I want to try to get a cabana on HMC....(another of the aug 15th crew).

Cool.. You all need to post pics so we know who you are when we get on the ship.. I have done this before on vacation and hear people yelling "Avagirl!!" Too funny!

I'd say yes for 2 reasons. Mainly because if they get in earlier they'll be getting the previous cruisers off the ship earlier and be able to get the new cruisers on sooner. Also they'll HAVE to get people on sooner if they have the cruise posted as a 430 departure instead of 530. My cruise is still posted as a 530/10am depart/arrive time cruise. I'll have to go look and see if it has changed. Not much of a deal to me since we are driving and staying precruise for 2 days but could be a big deal for those flying in the day of!

Hi Brian...you may want to double check the departure time for your cruise. The email I received from carnival said the earlier time was for all Pride cruises beginning May 2nd and going forward...

Like you said- it may not affect you since you're driving in, but I just wanted you to be aware! :)

Have an awesome time...and everyone can just think of it as an extra hour for more DOD's...;)

A day or two ago, I received an email from Carnival, informing me of the change. Here's a link to the website version of the email that I got.

http://ebm.cheetahmail.com/c/tag/hBLzg3cA6i8YVB8HN7GBv5ajTCv/doc.html?&email=noblepa@hotmail.com&FNAME=Guest&i_shipname=&i_departuredate=&i_date=&i_body=

Note that it is going into effect on 5/2/2010, so any sailing prior to that is not affected.

I don't know why others have not receive such an email. Perhaps you will in the next couple of days.

Paul

I received two emails regarding the time change. My only concern would have been "what if "..... my computer crashed or I only read it once in a blue moon. I feel like carnival OR our on line TA should have made that phone call OR put something in the mail. We do have plenty of time and I'm not complaining but thinking about what could have happened.

Who's fault would it have been if we missed that sailing that now left an hour earlier?

Either way I'm glad we'll get that hour earlier to be at sea :-)

The earlier departure is just fine with me . . . I like to start my vacations as soon as possible. I'm driving to the Port and plan to be there around eleven. Hopefully, I'll be on board by noon for lunch on the Lido Deck.

Archived