Inside or Oceanview

travel4life93

Inside or Oceanview Carnival Fascination  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Inside or Oceanview Carnival Fascination

• Inside (Higher Category)
    • Oceanview (Lower Category)

Are there any PTs, you can get them on 4 decks, for a 4A price. Thats what I have booked, so not sure which to answer. Im on Empress with my next PT on Ecstasy. (your ship is the same class).

Ditto to what firefly suggested.

I would say Oceanview. HOWEVER, be aware that the lower cost oceanviews are sometimes the portholes in the front of the ship. Some people have no problems with them. I found, though, that in the front of the ship there are 2 problems: 1- if you get seasick, the front of the ship is the least ideal place to be. When we were there, we had very rough seas and I became very sick until I found the medicine. 2- it can be very noisy when the ship is docking as you are closer to the equipment (not sure of name) that they use.

Looking at an Inside cabin (Upper Decks) on Carnival Fascination. Debating between an lower Category Oceanview or a higher Category Inside Cabin. Price is the same.

OVs are better in the fact that you will get natural sunlight. The view can be compromised by an extremely dirty window. Sea salt and grease can build up and it is not very nice. Also, the engine noise can be very annoying. It drove my wife nuts at night. Some, but not all CC ships have cabins on the upper levels that have french doors that open. There is no balcony and there is a life boat right in your face. The advantage is natural sunlight and fresh air. I am not sure what category these are, but they are the best deal I have seen for the price. Enjoy!

We have only cruised with oceanview cabins. Most of them were on the first or second floor which is fine by us. I actually prefer being on the lower decks because the sea is closer to the window, but in reality you are still about 3 or 4 stories above the sea. Yes, the windows can get dirty from the salt spray, but it is nice to have the natural light.

I can't say anything good or bad about an inside cabin because I have no experience there.

We will be on our first balcony cabin for our upcoming cruise The reason why we got that on is because the price was the same as an oceanview. I wonder if this will spoil us and for future cruises? I guess we will find out in a week!

This surprises me that so many would choose the lower ov over higher inside. I, actually, debated this on my up coming cruise. We, recently, bought a new house and have been making many improvents. We really wanted a vacation and decided to take a cruise as inexpensive as we could - within reason - we didn't want to book the cheapest inside on the lowest deck, that didn't seem like an option. So I booked a 4G inside on the Lido. I'm kind of excited about the location. I just didn't think I would be happy staying on a low deck. Both times that I have cruised we have stayed on Verandah, aft. Once balcony, once inside. I loved the location both times and the inside didn't bother me, at all, although the balcony was awesome. Now this time we are in an inside (like I said, it doesn't bother me), but I have started thinking that maybe I won't be as happy with the location as I thought. It's more foreward than I'm used to, but on the other hand, we can just walk out to Lido. Anyway, my choice would be an inside on a higher deck. : )

I would say Oceanview. HOWEVER, be aware that the lower cost oceanviews are sometimes the portholes in the front of the ship. .

this is not correct. A few years back there were 5As that were considered OVs, but now they are all PTs .. There are no OVs that are Portholes, and Im sure.

I did have a 5A porthole in 2006, but they have been changed to PTs last year. Im guessing you booked one before the change and not the 5As still could be known from the 6s which were always true windows.

I like the Lido location a lot too, you didnt mention you were booked on Lido .. I would probably keep it then, since on this ship the OVs are not larger than a inside, and the insides look the same with the fake window. Keep the Lido deck inside.

I could be wrong.....but I believe it is because of the window;)

Yes, it is the window.

I don't really care where we are on the ship. The ship is big, but we have no mobility problems, so getting to where we want to go is no big deal.

We have done an interior on Empress on the Fantasy (sister ship) several times with 3 people and have not had a problem.

Shorter cruises we are more likely to do an interior.

7 day cruises are a window....

Its not a huge deal either way to me, but I find if my cabin is close or on the way to something, I will stop by the cabin to go to the rest room instead of taking a chance on the public rest rooms. Dont care for public rest rooms, but if my cabin is on a bottom deck and Im on Lido, Ill use them.

Thats my biggest thing as far as convenience.

Archived