Scuba diving this August -

Submariner

Hi all

Arriving in Bermuda from Explorer on the 28th voyage. I am keen on doing a 2-tank scuba dive. I am deciding whether to book via the ships excursions route or just do it on my own. They will probably do it via Blue Waters diving as will I. Has anyone dived with them before? The all inclusive price of RCL includes the dive equipment as well as transportation - works out around the same really if I did it solo...

Any suggestions on diving in Bermuda in general?

This is done on the cruise trip that spends 2 days in Bermuda. Any idea as to which one of the two the dive is done? The RCl website is unhelpful.

Thanks

I rattled a friend's cage who did a number of dives the last 2 years so hopefully she will show up. The outfit that she went out with last year, and highly recommended, lost their dive boat in a fire recently but she can still tell you about the dives she went on.

I'm the friend Colette mentioned here; I've dived Bermuda three times. The first was with Fantasea, a dive shop on the south shore that got wiped out in Hurricane Fabian (the one in August '03 that washed the car off the causeway) the week after we were there; I understand they're up and running again now.

The latter two were the last two years when I booked from Triangle, located on the eastern end of the island (since NCL's Majesty was in St. George's) at the Grotto Bay resort. Graham is great; his is the boat that burned in February this year -- but the story then said he was insured and planning to get up and running again.

But you mention Blue Water; I've heard good things about them. Really in Bermuda, who you use as your dive shop pretty much depends on where you're docked and where you want to dive. The north and east shores have great wrecks and reefs, as does the south shore. You'll be in King's Wharf, so you're on the northwest corner. Blue Water would be the closest op to you.

If you're on SCUBABoard, try this link:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bermuda/273058-going-bermuda-have-questions.html

It's for general questions about Bermuda diving, and several BDA residents post there to answer. Have fun getting wet on your trip!

Archived