Gift exchange....

LV2COOK

We signed up to go the gift exchange on our upcoming TA cruise. I have never done this before. What type of gifts do people bring? And if you are a couple or in my case Mother and daughter, do we each bring a gift? Thanks in advance.:o

We signed up to go the gift exchange on our upcoming TA cruise. I have never done this before. What type of gifts do people bring? And if you are a couple or in my case Mother and daughter, do we each bring a gift? Thanks in advance.:o

If you are referring to the meet and greet, we've done this and normally try to bring something associated with where we live (t-shirt, hat, something local). You may want to check with the group. It is also normally one item per person.

Gifts vary depending on the giver and where they come from. You may see t-shirts, mugs, hats, stuffed animals, etc. representing sports teams. From South Texas, I brought Mexican serapes once. Another time I brought Texas placemats. Candy from local candy manufacturers is another thing I have seen, and a book written about the giver's home area.

If you bring one gift from the two of you, you get to choose one gift. If you each bring a gift, then you each get to choose a gift. There's no right or wrong. It's completely up to you

I have seen mugs, candy from Chicago, a crab soup bowl with a couple of packets of Old Bay Seasoning from Maryland, etc. It's usually kept to a $10 limit, but you may want to check to see if it's different with your group.

Have fun.

We've been on several cruises and our recent Equinox cruise was the first time our roll call group did a 'grab bag' exchange at the meet & greet and it was a lot of fun. As already mentioned, there was discussion on the roll call about the amount and it was decided that the amount would be b/t $10-20 and one exchange per bag put in whether couple or single. The gift should be from their hometown or region and could be one item or several items. We had people bring food items from their region, including wine, candy, chips, hot sauce. We had logo items for sports teams and local landmarks on t-shirts, hats, tote bags, etc. The exchange really livens up the meet & greet. Have a great time!

Oh, this slipped my mind (senior moment?) when I wrote my first response. Some people have difficulty coming up with a gift from their region. You could also bring something relating to yourself and your particular interests, such as cooking, gardening, computers, racing, etc.

Have fun!

Archived