question about flight

I'm not sure where to put this question, but I'm hoping some of you frequent travellers can help. We're going on our first cruise on the Victory in mid-May, and we will also be taking our first commercial flight to go to San Juan. We have a departure from San Juan scheduled for 11:00 am (I know... it's too early. Long story.) I have seen posts that said I should do express luggage to get off sooner and not have to deal with my luggage, and I have seen posts that say I should do self-assist to get off sooner. So far, I think self-assist sounds like my best option, as well as letting them know on the ship that I have an early flight. My question is this: can I print my boarding passes and whatever else I need to have for my return flight at home before I fly to San Juan, like when I am printing the ones for my first flight? I would think that would save check-in time, but like I said, I haven't flown before so I don't know if that's even possible.

I would appreciate any input.

Thanks!

I'm not sure where to put this question, but I'm hoping some of you frequent travellers can help. We're going on our first cruise on the Victory in mid-May, and we will also be taking our first commercial flight to go to San Juan. We have a departure from San Juan scheduled for 11:00 am (I know... it's too early. Long story.) I have seen posts that said I should do express luggage to get off sooner and not have to deal with my luggage, and I have seen posts that say I should do self-assist to get off sooner. So far, I think self-assist sounds like my best option, as well as letting them know on the ship that I have an early flight. My question is this: can I print my boarding passes and whatever else I need to have for my return flight at home before I fly to San Juan, like when I am printing the ones for my first flight? I would think that would save check-in time, but like I said, I haven't flown before so I don't know if that's even possible.

Thanks!

my experience has been that you can not check in until 24 hours before your flight - you could check in through the computer lab on board ship but you will have to pay a fee to use the ship's computers and internet

I always have someone back home check me in for my return flight.

How do you get your boarding passes from them?

I've faxed my brother's boarding pass to him as he traveled before, but have never seen a fax machine in the ship's internet cafe.

If you are doing self assist, it probably wouldnt help to tell them you have a early flight. Everyone else doing self assist wants to get off early too, its kinda first come first served from what Iv seen. Sound be VIP platinum off first in my opinion, but its not usually even that.

Thanks!

I would do the express luggage. That way the ship will print your boarding passes and you won't have to deal with claiming your luggage when you get off the ship.

Only thing is with an early flight they may not have the luggage express available to you. Check to see what time your flight has to be to be eligible for the express luggage.

Bill

Archived