Road Trip SB from Whittier

GloriaF

Thanks for the honest answer, Yukon. Not what I wanted to hear, but I needed to hear it. How many miles and how long is a moot point if we can't get a one way rental. Need to regroup - I suppose we could do a few of days in the Seward area & visiting Denali, then fly to Vancouver. Any other suggestions?

I would strongly suggest you SEE ALASKA. :) Fly one way to Seattle - in the $225pp range and spend the week touring interior. You are looking at close to 2500 miles and certainly would be a marathon trip in your timeframe and no time to any sightseeing.

Thanks, Budget Queen. I appreciate your help and your knowledge and experience is invaluable!!

We are abandoning that driving plan, I had estimated about half those miles and we still would have been doing a lot of driving. We do plan on taking the camper on an extended land trip thru the Canadian Rockies and to Alaska sometime in the next few years, so we will be able to see a lot more of the real Alaska then. I hate to put it off, but we're waiting for retirement. For now, this cruise is just a teaser, something to whet our appetites until we have more time off. We figured we'd see the glaciers and the scenery from the water, and see the interior more in depth then.

Archived