Need info about Victoria,BC.

marilynbn

WE will be on the NCL Star to Alaska in July. Our port time in Victoria will be from 6pm to midnight, yes I know that seems odd. Anyway I was wondering if anyone had done this cruise last year and what excursions did you do in Victoria? Here is my thought... we will be staying pre and post cruise in Seattle a couple of days so I was thinking maybe we should take the 2 hour catamaran to Victoria from Seattle for the day and do things near the pier there and then when we actually go there with the cruise at night do the Buchardt gardens thing with their nightime fireworks. Has anyone done this? I was wondering if the catamaran to Victoria from Seattle is worth the $100. Please any info about all of this is greatly appreciated! Marilyn ;)

Marilyn,

We did Alaska last September on Celebrity Summit and one of our stops was in Victoria. We were there the whole day. It is such a beautiful city with gardens and shopping. We did not do tours, but we did see the ferry in the harbor. You can just walk aaround for hours and see all of the sights. My suggestion would be to take the ferry on either your pre or post cruise days since your port time of 6PM to midnight won't give you enough time and you'll only have 3 hours of daylight. It is worth the money and if the weather is as beautiful as it was when we were there you should really enjoy it. Have a great time.

Marilyn,

There is a nighttime tour of Butchart Gardens. It is suppose to be spectacular.

I did go in the daytime, but if you have a few hours of daylight I would go as early as possible. Then take in some of the night life in Victoria.

The ferry from Seattle will take up a lot of time and money. There is so much to see and do in Seattle that you could make wiser use of your time and money staying in Seattle. JMHO.

Have fun no matter what you decide.

Deb

I don't recommend Victoria as a day trip- so no I would not recommend the Victoria Clipper just to see the Inner Harbor then go again on a cruise. Add more days and go over and stay a couple perhaps. I have also heard of people getting on the ship there??? Anyway- you are significantly limited to ship tours or a look at the Inner Harbor on your own. Butchard Gardens is definately the top attraction.

Archived