Freedon of the Seas versus Voyageur class ships

We love the Voyageur class ships and are planning to do a Freedom of the Seas next June. I understand that the ships are only about 90 feet longer in length and hold only another 500 passengers. I really don't want to do the super big ships. Has anyone done the Freedom and how is it in comparison to Voyageur class. Is the promenade just as nice? How about the adult pool, is it any larger?

Any info appreciated. :)

We love the Voyageur class ships and are planning to do a Freedom of the Seas next June. I understand that the ships are only about 90 feet longer in length and hold only another 500 passengers. I really don't want to do the super big ships. Has anyone done the Freedom and how is it in comparison to Voyageur class. Is the promenade just as nice? How about the adult pool, is it any larger?

Basically it is a larger version of the Voyager class with a few added features including the cantilevered pools, an H20 zone for the kids, a flowrider, and both a Diamond and a Concierge lounge for passengers who are either Diamond or Diamond plus members of the Crown and Anchor Society, or guests who have booked suites. The promenade is just as nice, perhaps a bit nicer than Voyager ships, but not noticeably different except for the presence of Sorrentos on Freedom ships. Not until you get to Oasis class ships will you notice a dramatic difference in the Royal Promenades.

Don't let the size deter you. All of their ships manage to offer many smaller and more intimate spaces to enjoy and the traffic patterns are well established and reduce any feeling of crowding that you might expect to find on such large vessels.:)

Freedom also has the On Air Club that you walk through getting to Studio B. It's a karaoke bar, and where you can record your own karaoke videos in a sound booth.

The 19th Hole Sports Club up in the Viking Crown does not exist on Freedom. It is the Diamond Club for D and D+ Crown and Anchor members.

My wife and I cruised on Freedom together last year, and then she went on Navigator with her mother a few months later. She said that they were very similar in all but a few places. Freedom having a slightly better Promenade (since Sorrento's is there) ans a different pool area layout. Other than that, she only noticed that the inline skating track was absent on Freedom, which had the Flowrider instead (she preferred the Flowrider).

I'd echo what the previous posters said. You won't notice it being much larger -- you'll just feel like you're on a newer Voyager Class ship with a few extra features. Highly recommend giving it a try.

I have cruised the Freedom and Liberty, plus two Voyager Class ships and love them all. The Freedom class is a bigger version of the Voyager with a few more bells and whistles. My advice is to do the "Express walkoff" at the end of the Freedom cruise as you can get caught in the backup of people leaving. We ended up waiting 2 hours past our scheduled departure time. the ship blamed Customs and Customs blamed the ship. Best to be first off the ship.

Archived