Harrison Cave or Bathsheba with Glory Tours

briody

Has anyone taken these tours with Glory tours? I can not make up my mind to do Harrison Cave or Experience Barbados -

I

</B>

Experience Barbados is the perfect tour for those wanting a quick easy and less costly way to explore a bit of Barbados.

This tour comes with two options. Option 1 being a 3 hour tour through parts of the Barbados interiour visiting places like Highland and then over onto the Rugged East Coast Through Bathsheba, Cattle Wash and Cherry Tree Hill and Holetown before headig to the beach for and hour and a half beach time (beach time is optional)

Not sure how much time is spent in the bus on this 2nd tour but I will e-mail and ask.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks - Briody:rolleyes:

You will spend some time on the bus to get to these sights, as the roads on Barbados are narrow and winding. However, the scenery is very beautiful. Bathsheba is very visually stunning with the very rough surf and huge boulders. We've been there a few times and I never tire of seeing it. The Highlands is very pretty; said to resemble the Scottish Highlands. A very scenic photo stop, and a nice spot for a stroll around the grounds.

Harrison's Caves are very interesting and the tour is well done, if you like caves. It's a tram tour and is one of Barbados' most popular attractions. I'm glad we did it, but I much prefer being outdoors to enjoy Barbados' natural wonders.

Thank you everyone - I think the pictures did it.
And just to play it up a bit more.. :D here's some more persuasion/coercion..

Bathsheba-027.jpg

Two views from further uphill, not bang on the coast..

E_Coast-009.jpg

Anyone know the story behind the building with the stairway sitting on top the boulder? Just curious!
It was most likely a simple changing-room where the girls could put on their swim-suits.

Local rumor has it that it was built for a movie-set, but I find that unlikely.

If it ever was built for a movie , it would have been "Island in the Sun" which was filmed here in the 1950s

but it was hardly ever a thing of beauty or impressive size.

The steps leading down from it now stop in mid-air somewhere

indicating that the ambient beach level back when it was built

may have been much higher than what we know today.

Frankly, it looks a wreck and should probably be torn right down to the rock it stands on.

Many of us who live on the island see it as an eyesore,I think..

Sarah with Glory Tours is slow to respond to inquires and send booking information. Two of our group canceled because of the Volcanic Ash problem and couldn't make the cruise. We ended up just using a local taxi driver for our tour, Gregory was awesome..(I have his email address if anyone wants to book with him).he was fantastic..charged $30 for 4 hours..He will show you the highlights of the Island and anytime you want to stop..just tell him and he will..he said "It's your tour, tell me what you want to see or where you want to stop."

We went down into the caves which was really fun. These caves are HUGE!! It didn't take up the whole day, so we enjoyed that. I believe we had "Darrin" from Glory Tours as our guide. We also went to Cherry Tree Hill which was beautiful!!! We went to a bird sanctuary of sorts which was pretty, but it was an enclosed property, so I didn't get such an "island feel" by touring that. The coastline is lovely, the sugar cane fields reminded me of the corn fields at home. I could see myself living there. We had a great lunch at a little diner, and although I'm not a big beer drinker, I did try the BANKS beer which was delicious!! You'll love Barbados. It has a feel unlike any of the other islands, in my opinion. Sarah couldn't be our tour guide, but Darrin took us around 2 years ago, and we had a great day!!

Sarah with Glory Tours is slow to respond to inquires and send booking information. Two of our group canceled because of the Volcanic Ash problem and couldn't make the cruise. We ended up just using a local taxi driver for our tour, Gregory was awesome..(I have his email address if anyone wants to book with him).he was fantastic..charged $30 for 4 hours..He will show you the highlights of the Island and anytime you want to stop..just tell him and he will..he said "It's your tour, tell me what you want to see or where you want to stop."

Hi Cindy

Would you please email Gregory's email address. We have been to Barbados before, but our daughter and her family will be going for the first time. I am trying to gather inform. for her.

Our email address id jjstru@verizon.net

Thanks

Judi :)

• 2 weeks later...

Cindy,

Was the $30 per person? How many were in your group?

Will you please send Gregory's email addy to me? ;)

hon2u@nc.rr.com

Many thanks! :D

My boyfriend and I (he is in his 30s, I am in my 20s) went to Harrisons Cave last year. We were both highly dissapointed. We spent about an hour and a half in line, and the cave really wasn't that excited. Don't waste your time on such a beautiful island!

• 2 weeks later...
My boyfriend and I (he is in his 30s, I am in my 20s) went to Harrisons Cave last year.

We were both highly dissapointed.

We spent about an hour and a half in line, and the cave really wasn't that excited.

Don't waste your time on such a beautiful island!

The hour and a half in line is what killed it, huh?

Can someone please comment what the turtle part of the excursion was like? We are going this november and maybe want to do the experience barbados excursion with sea turtle option.

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

Hi Cindy,

Would you please email me Gregory's contact info. pegbraaten@gmail.com

Thanks.

Archived