Majesty MDR Questions

We are on a 4 night Bahamas cruise. When is formal night? Also, we aren't scheduled to be in Nassau until 1:00 and we currently have a 6:00 dinner seating. Would it be possible to go to the later seating that evening? I'm waitlisted for MTD now and would prefer that. We enjoy the dinning room for dinners.

I don't believe you can change to late seating for one night. You could skip dinner and eat in Nassau or in the Windjammer that night. We skipped formal night on the Majesty and ate at Sorrentos.

Someone else will be assigned to your table at the second seating. I don't think that could or would work! Try another dinner plan, and please let your server know the night before you will be missing the meal, so your tablemates don't have to wait to order.

...I see you're sailing on Majesty on May 17th...we just sailed three weeks ago.

Part of the difficulty in answering your question is that they're re-routing Majesty starting early next month. While our March departure went to Nassau first (on the Tuesday), I believe starting in May they'll be doing Key West first. For us, the formal night was the Wednesday night (the night after the day in CoCo Cay).

As for your late arrival in Nassau, my choice would be to stick to the 6pm dinner. IMHO, five hours is plenty of time to spend in Nassau, and I probably wouldn't be that keen on spending an evening there in town.

In March, we arrived at 8am, did a Segway tour in the morning, came back on the ship for lunch, then a little shopping in town in the afternoon. We were back on the ship for good at 3pm...and she didn't set sail until midnight!

I don't believe you can change to late seating for one night. You could skip dinner and eat in Nassau or in the Windjammer that night. We skipped formal night on the Majesty and ate at Sorrentos.

Just a small tale from our Journey on the Serenade. We had an excursion that arrived back after 6pm. We had first seating. I asked our waiter if we could attend second seating for the night we were to arrive back late. He said he would check and let us know.

The night before, he informed us that he had space available at another table for us in his section. We were a group of 5, and we were seated with a couple that were all by themselves at a table for eight.

The point is ask your server, you might be surprised at what they can make happen.

Just a small tale from our Journey on the Serenade. We had an excursion that arrived back after 6pm. We had first seating. I asked our waiter if we could attend second seating for the night we were to arrive back late. He said he would check and let us know.

The night before, he informed us that he had space available at another table for us in his section. We were a group of 5, and we were seated with a couple that were all by themselves at a table for eight.

The point is ask your server, you might be surprised at what they can make happen.

This is just another story that shows how great the staff is on Majesty. I know the staff on most ships will try to do what they can for you but there is something about the staff on Majesty that makes them stand out from the rest. They really seem to do whatever they can to make sure their guests are happy.

Archived