Roll Call: Wind Surf,June 30,Athens-Rome

jimlssi

We are seriously considering this cruise to celebrate our anniversay. The prices seem very high, I understand the theory you get what you pay for, but once we put the air on we were over $9,000. Did you book online or use a TA? Were you able to find any special pricing?

Thanks for any info.

melindda........Not able to get any special pricing, other than W/S published discount, so I used my T/A. At least I could pick up some shipboard credit money that way(American Express Platninum, and Giants). This is high tourist season, plus excellent ports so I doubt if you will see any discounting. We just got off the Wind Surf 2 weeks ago (St.Thomas-Cozumel) and she looks great!

melindda........Not able to get any special pricing, other than W/S published discount, so I used my T/A. At least I could pick up some shipboard credit money that way(American Express Platninum, and Giants). This is high tourist season, plus excellent ports so I doubt if you will see any discounting. We just got off the Wind Surf 2 weeks ago (St.Thomas-Cozumel) and she looks great!

I really researched the fares before I bought my European Windstar cruise for this year. The best fare that I found was the current Europe on Sail promotion that runs through February 28th (or until it sells out or is withdrawn). There are a few promos out there that have shipboard credits: the Amex Platinum one that was mentioned above, a Mastercard promo that expires on 1/31/05 for a $50 gift card if you spend at least $1500, and an onboard credit of $100 through some agencies. If you use the Europe on Sail promo and get your agent to find you an onboard credit, I would feel confident that you got the best deal currently available. Those Europe on Sail fares do vary by date, so check your first several choices in dates before deciding on one.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived