Some Possibly Helpful Port Information

Luker

Hi there!

I have been posting trip reports for ports, along with photos from various places through Asia and further south. I am now starting into my Australia and New Zealand, as well as Tasmania posts. I have just started with Darwin as of today. My cruises connected between Asia and Australia, so I thought I would post here as well.

There is port, information, photos, stories and occasionally something funny. I also have links to thousands of my photos from these trips with most of these posts. If you have questions about the ports, you can either email me from my blog (faster) or post on here. I am a long time cruiser and user of Cruise Critic.

http://www.LutherBailey.blogspot.com

Thanks! Luther :)

I'll be watching for your posts, as we are booked on the Diamond Princess for a cruisetour in Aus/NZ in January 2011. This itinerary is all new territory for us, and the volume of online info is overwhelming, when one has no idea what the important sights are.

Hi Flamomo!

Thanks for the note! Always feel free to ask questions if I do not cover enough in a particular post. It's not always easy or possible to put everything in a single post, but I'm more than happy to help when I can. You'll LOVE your trip, trust me.

Luther :)

Hi Luther,

My cruising buddy and I are just thrilled to know we are finally going to fulfill one of our dream cruise wishes.

Our tour begins in Sydney, with 2 nights stay, then we are flown to Cairns for a 3 night stay. The highlight of going to Cairns is getting to go spend a day at the Great Barrier Reef.

Upon return to Sydney on day 6, we board the ship, and our ports will be Melbourne, Hobart, Scenic cruising in Fjordland, Dunedin, Christchurch, Tauranga, and ending in Auckland.

Any suggestions you might make would be much appreciated.

Mary Lou

• 2 months later...

I too, will be watching for your port reports for NZ as we are taking our first ever cruise, and the amount if info on what you should or shouldn't do is overwhelming, great to read, but then trying to decide is crazy. The decision about ships tours or DIY tours is a difficult choice.

Joy :)

Archived