Question about water shoes

Hi everyone!

My family and I sail in a few weeks and I still have no water shoes. Does anyone have a recommendation as far as a good, but not crazy expensive, brand or style? I'm not sure they would ever get used again, so I'm not wanting to spend a fortune, but I want something that will actually give some protection. Maybe someone has a website or specific store where I could look.

Thanks!

I'm a fan of Tevas, I wear them all summer. They have open and closed toes and are waterproof. I ordered them online at sierratradingpost when they were on sale. The price was so good, I bought 4 pair in different colors.

ps I have heel spurs and the Tevas have enough cushion that they are good for my feet.

I bought some cheap ($10) mesh water shoes at WalMart.

We bought ours from WalMart. Totally worked fine, and they aren't expensive at all, which is a good thing because my son left the entire bag of them (4 prs) in Belize. UGGGGGHHHHH!

CeleBrat

That's where we got ours, too. Even though they were CHEAP, couldn't have survived without them on Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica or cave-tubing in Belize. Otherwise, haven't needed them much.

I purchased from Lands End. They were $30 something on sale. I don't think you need to spend that much unless you have foot issues and are going to walk around a lot. I got them for Dunns River Falls...most people had the cheap Walmart ones.

Hi everyone!

My family and I sail in a few weeks and I still have no water shoes. Does anyone have a recommendation as far as a good, but not crazy expensive, brand or style? I'm not sure they would ever get used again, so I'm not wanting to spend a fortune, but I want something that will actually give some protection. Maybe someone has a website or specific store where I could look.

Thanks!

An old pair of tennis shoes work great - who cares if you forget them, or if they fall apart, etc we just threw them away at the end of the cruise

An old pair of tennis shoes work great - who cares if you forget them, or if they fall apart, etc we just threw them away at the end of the cruise

This is what our group is bringing for cave tubing.....after the tour we will be tossing them in the garbage:D I can't see paying money for those ugly water shoe:D

I vote for the cheapie ones from WalMart just like the other posters have mentioned if you are only going to use them for the cruise and then toss them. If you want ones that will maybe give you extra use for over the summer, I like these-

http://www.amazon.com/Aquatik-Women-Aqua-Water-Shoes/dp/B001J5S8LI/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

Sometimes it is hard to find the cheapie water shoes if it is not summer, but it should be close enough to start seeing them out on display in the stores. Target always has the Speedo ones out, but they are more expensive.

Have a wonderful cruise!!

Land's End has great ones in all sorts of styles. Check their overstock section - you can sometimes get them pretty inexpensive on discontinued colors. They also almost always have some kind of free shipping deal going on as well.

Just bought ours from Walmart - this is the way to go. We will only wear them once and they were 6.00 for children's and 10.00 for adults. They come in multi colors.

We bought ours from WalMart. Totally worked fine, and they aren't expensive at all, which is a good thing because my son left the entire bag of them (4 prs) in Belize. UGGGGGHHHHH!

CeleBrat

Archived