Travelodge in Texas City

cruisebarbie

We are going on a cruise in June out of Galveston. We decided to stay the night before at a hotel a little further out to save some money. But, upon hearing some horror stories of other cheaper hotels I am a little worried. Has anyone stayed at the Travelodge in Texas City and, if so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Vicki

I'm booked in that one Saturday night, for the same reason. It had decent guest reviews on hotels.com and other booking sites. I'll let you know if there are any problems.

BTW, they'll probably move this to a port of call topic.

• 2 weeks later...

The Travelodge at LaMarque / Texas City (exit 13 off of I-45) was fine. The room was large, comfortable and clean. It is about 1/4 mile off the expressway and there isn't much else in the immediate vicinity, so it was a reasonably quiet location. The rooms are accessed via an inside hallway with outside doors secured with keycard access, so it was reasonably secure.

This isn't a 4 star property by any means, but if one just needs a comfortable and convenient place the stay the night before a cruise, this is in the 'better than expected' category.

There is the basic free continental breakfast in the downstairs restaurant area in the morning, then it is another 15 or 20 minute drive to the cruise terminal.

I would stay here again.

You can book Econolodge in Galveston for $39.99, and get free cruise parking. I dont know why you would book a cheap hotel outside of Galveton when you can stay near the beach for so cheap....Im just saying if you are looking for a cheap hotel, travel lodge = econo lodge to me in class.

btw it also has a free breakfast.

There was nothing available on the island for less than $100 on the Saturday night that we needed to book, except perhaps that tired old Motel 6. Most of the nicer places wanted closer to $250, so that is why we opted to stay the night up the road a little this time. Some times you find great deals on the island, some times you do not.

We dropped our luggage off with the porters at about 10:30 then parked across the street at Galveston Park n Cruise. I would say we were in the terminal before 11am and on the ship before noon. The lines were short as was the wait to board.

Archived