arcadia for yanks

sfgent

I have every right to say "Gan Canny" (tread carefully).

Eileen,

Gan Canny means 'go well'.

One may be asked in the street "Whey hooo are yea" Which would translate to "and how are you today"

To which you could reply "Canny like" which of course means "Very well, thank you"

This is not to be confused with the Scots use of the word Canny which is someone who is somewhat mean, or careful with their money.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

I have every right to say "Gan Canny" (tread carefully).

Eileen,

Gan Canny means 'go well'.

One may be asked in the street "Whey hooo are yea" Which would translate to "and how are you today"

To which you could reply "Canny like" which of course means "Very well, thank you"

This is not to be confused with the Scots use of the word Canny which is someone who is somewhat mean, or careful with their money.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Oooh I am glad it was you that corrected me and not that Jim! I tried though. I can't help it if you lot can't talk properly. :D

Eileen

Oriana leaves Brisbane 15 November this year -- Whitsunday Islands, Cairns, Manila, Hong Kong, Ho Chi Minh city, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur , Mumbai, Sharm el-Sheikh, Suez ,Port Said, Athens , Lisbon, Southampton.

19 days in UK at own leisure

Arcadia leaves Southampton 05 January 2001 - Azores, Barbados, Aruba, Panama Canal, Acapulco, San Francisco, Honolulu, Pago Pago, Port Denarau, Fiji, Auckland, Sydney.

The cruise from Oz to UK has been something that I have always wanted to do since I was a young'en. I never dreamed that I would ever be able to do it -- MUCH LESS both ways!!! :eek: But I have to admit that I have done a lot of things up until now that I would not have thought possible for me.

We are now "orphans of the Volcano " - supposed to fly out to UK for 7 weeks holiday last Wednesday. Cancelled the flight 3PM on Tuesday- only to wake up on Wednesday morning to find that they had moved the goalpoasts and UK airspace was open!!!:mad:

But as they say - one door shuts in your face and another one opens. Saw this deal on the Net a week later- $12000 AUD for the 2 cruises (interior cabins - somewhere in the steerage compartment :D) -- but I thought it was a DEAL compared with Dawn Princess offerings which were in excess of $11,000 each segment each person.

We are boggling a bit right now - from the financial aspect (as we are comfortable but not wealthy by any regard) - but also by the fact that the longest of our cruises around Oz was only 12 days to NZ!! :eek: Now we have 42 days in each direction!!

Barry

Check your dates please, leaves Brisbane Nov 6th, we are on there too< Frank and Narelle.:)

Archived