A First Arrival in the UK For the Escape

Cymro1953

The escape will be docking in Falmouth in a few hours. Midnight tonight 22nd April.

I've been keeping an eye out on the local Cornwall TV news for her but no reports of her arrival yet.

I hope Aliencruiser and others will tell us their experiences.

Berwyn

The escape will be docking in Falmouth in a few hours. Midnight tonight 22nd April.

I've been keeping an eye out on the local Cornwall TV news for her but no reports of her arrival yet.

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn

Can't wait to read the posts and hear all about it.:D:D. What a trip that was, 3 days at sea. I'm not sure if Aliencruiser knows about the Island Forum though. Soon find out.:D

Jan

Jan

Berwyn

I hope so or this is going to be a very short thread.:D:D

Jan

I hope so or this is going to be a very short thread.:D:D

Jan

Don't worry we can keep it going over weekend with you giving me hints for things I might have forgotten to pack in last minute panic.:D

Had some good news this p.m.

DW was not finishing till 5pm on Monday, so a last minute rush in the evening to hotel.

She's just come home and said she's got Monday off. So we can take our time and go.

Berwyn

Hi Jan,

Did you see Kruzseeka's post on Thomson's part?

Got excited thinking I.E. had arrived already.

What are the odds of 2 identical looking ships like that turning up in a small place like that?

Berwyn

I had a look earlier and it did look like the IE. That's good you having Monday off, saves rushing about and you might persuade DW to do the day before check in.;). Just had a look at the cruise we're booked with the Celebration in June and they've dropped the cabin upgrade prices at bit which is what we've been waiting for. At the moment we've got the basic deck 1/2 inside and would like to go up a deck or two on the outside. Now! do we wait for a bit to see if they drop lower on the upper decks or jump in on deck 2 or 3, also is deck 2 a lot more above the sea than 1. Hmmm! it's difficult and which cabin to pick.:confused:

Jan

It's not there yet? looked on ..Marine traffic and it's a few miles to go, must have been one hell of a party last night :D, so jealous :o

Happy St Georges day everyone Eng.gif1.gif

Have a wonderful cruise Berwyn.

Nan x

Thanks Nan,

RR she's still got a few miles to go to reach Lizard, never mind Falmouth

Berwyn

They've just shown her docking at Falmouth on BBC 1 o' clock news.

You should be able to download it on BBC I Player afterwards.

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn

Missed it all :(. Been holiday shopping in Manchester, can't find it on iplayer yet.

Jan

Hi Berwyn

Missed it all :(. Been holiday shopping in Manchester, can't find it on iplayer yet.

Jan

Hi Jan,

I think it will be on BBC 6pm news unless politics push it off zzzzzz

If you've got Sky go to 987 at 6.30 pm it's the South West version of Look North.

Called Spotlight. It should be on there. I've been recording it all week just in case.

Berwyn

Hi Jan,

I think it will be on BBC 6pm news unless politics push it off zzzzzz

If you've got Sky go to 987 at 6.30 pm it's the South West version of Look North.

Called Spotlight. It should be on there. I've been recording it all week just in case.

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn

I'll do that at 6.30pm, thanks. Do you think you're getting a little bit obsessed recording it all week.:D:D. How's the packing going?

Jan

Yes totally obsessed :D:D

But wasn't sure when it might be on.

At least with Sky+ I can whizz through porg at 30X Fast forward.

No packing yet, still working till Sun. a.m.

Got a big pile of stuff for hand luggage next to me on sofa,

Passport, tickets, pills etc so as long as we've got that in we can sort rest on Sunday.

Bad news lunchtime, remember No.2 son had the eaxam ination on Weds?

He had a bowel flare up this morning and they have admitted him for I.V. steroid treatment. :( for a couple of days.

Handy he works in hospital so got sorted quickly

If OK we'll still go. NO.1 son is home and go over there.

Between everything this Dream cruise is turning into a nightmare :eek: :(

Berwyn

My Pleasure ;) bored here at home.. went to work for 3 hrs this morning and done my shift .. home alone :D

It's a grand life for some :D

1st the window cleaner woke me early.

Then No.2 son was on text and phone most of afternoon , been in A and E all morning and now been admitted to hospital.:(

And I've got to go in and do a 12 hour nightshift later

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn

Sorry to hear about your son, I wouldn't worry too much as I'm sure the steroids will work quickly. DH's cousin was in and out of hospital a few years ago with the same thing but was soon on the mend after a couple of days.:) He's been ok now for over 10 years.

Just going to watch the link on IE as didn't see it on Spotlight. Maybe I missed it in the first few minutes.

Jan

Archived