Packing Without Wrinkles

sealady1

Good Morning Everyone,

from reading a few postings on CC, there are a lot of people who ask about bringing an iron or if there is an iron available onboard the ship.

I just came across this really interesting website that shows a great video on how to pack your suitcase so that your clothes won't wrinkle.

It is:

howcast.com Just type in the search bar How To Pack A Suitcase and a video screen will pop up.

i do the bundle method and have great success. i do a small bundle for the day i board the ship ( i get too the port city the day before the cruise to enjoy the city im leaving from ). also at target i have found a great little bottle of wrinkle releaser for about $2 on the small travel isle. it is handy too have if i do get a wrinkle. irons are NOT ALLOWED. THEY ARE A DANGEROUS FIRE HAZARD. im sure most cruisers know not too take one . :) i only take a carry-on and have no problems. :) thanks for the link.

PACK A HAIR IRON..... you know those flat irons to straighten your hair..... they do WONDERS on taking the wrinkles out of your shirts and slacks.

I also bring a travel size of downy wrinkle releaser.... spray, stretch fabric, let sit for 10 minutes.

For most clothes and shirts I fold them neatly and pack them in a ziploc (saves room too). Then I take all of the dress clothes (with wire hangers) and put the bottoms in the bottom of the suitcase... put all the ziplock bags and shoes in the middle, and fold the dress clothes and hangers over onto the top. The dress clothes are in a "U" shape so there are no creases.

Plus when we go to unpack, its as simple as:

1) Unzip

2) Grab hangers and open closet

3) Hang

Hello,

No one really cares about any of your wrinkled clothes. The idea is to look nice and be approriately dressed, but there should be no stressing over a wrinkled shirt or blouse.

The above opinion is based on 28 cruises, to almost every part of the world except for the Middle East and Africa.

Hello,

No one really cares about any of your wrinkled clothes. The idea is to look nice and be approriately dressed, but there should be no stressing over a wrinkled shirt or blouse.

The above opinion is based on 28 cruises, to almost every part of the world except for the Middle East and Africa.

I don't know about you but I care about my clothes being wrinkled. It doesn't matter how appropriate the outfit is, if it is wrinkled, it won't look nice and therefore, in my opinion, inappropriate.

I don't know about you but I care about my clothes being wrinkled. It doesn't matter how appropriate the outfit is, if it is wrinkled, it won't look nice and therefore, in my opinion, inappropriate.

I agree with you. I ABSOLUTELY hate anything to be wrinkled that I wear! I iron everything just about! Ironing is part of my ritual every morning when getting ready for work - can't stand them wrinkles! I have never tried "rolling" my clothes when packing, just might try that this time.

Sue

Hello,

The purpose of this board is to answer questions presented by persons interested in going on a cruise. They may have no idea whatsoever what a cruise ship looks like,or even an idea of what is appropriate or not.

My point is simply this...do not stress out over your "wrinkled" clothes because the only person on the ship concerned about your clothes is you.

Do whatever it is that brings joy to your heart and if you want clothes with no wrinkles that is just fine and dandy. It is not approriate to tell someone that they should worry about wrinkles to a point where the cruise is destroyed or take too many clothes.

I try and follow the dress suggestions made by the cruise line but never wouldI think any less of someone who had on a wrinkled blouse or pants.

Hello,

The purpose of this board is to answer questions presented by persons interested in going on a cruise. They may have no idea whatsoever what a cruise ship looks like,or even an idea of what is appropriate or not.

Yes, and there are threads that answer those particular questions. This thread deals with the packing process of cruise planning. People do have to pack clothes for their cruise and most people would like their clothes to look neat and wrinkle free. I wanted to share some information that I found, to help them with that process. What is so inappropriate about that?

Good Morning Everyone,

from reading a few postings on CC, there are a lot of people who ask about bringing an iron or if there is an iron available onboard the ship.

I just came across this really interesting website that shows a great video on how to pack your suitcase so that your clothes won't wrinkle.

It is:

howcast.com Just type in the search bar How To Pack A Suitcase and a video screen will pop up.

Packing flat will help but you will still get some wrinkles. Depending on your ship you should have a laundry room where you can iron your clothes...

Hello,

As a frequest contributor (for better hopefully) to these boards, there are times when I believe the OP to be overly concerned about an aspect of a cruise.

There is nothing inappropriate about making suggestions as to how to pack towards reducing wrinkled clothing. However, I for one, do not want the OP to stress out about her clothes (she should understand that a cruise is not "Easter Parade"or "Royal Wedding").

Hello,

As a frequest contributor (for better hopefully) to these boards, there are times when I believe the OP to be overly concerned about an aspect of a cruise.

There is nothing inappropriate about making suggestions as to how to pack towards reducing wrinkled clothing. However, I for one, do not want the OP to stress out about her clothes (she should understand that a cruise is not "Easter Parade"or "Royal Wedding").

Thank you for your kindness, Fredr. I really appreciate it. I want you to know that I am not so much stressed as I am just a little cautious out about my clothes being wrinkled. I know that there are bound to be some wrinkles from packing them into a suitcase which will most likely be jostled around a lot. I am just sharing some information that I learned to keep wrinkles at a minimum. I am looking forward to this first cruise and I have learned a lot about what to expect from the very wise, experienced cruisers such as yourself. Us newbies are truly grateful to all of you for sharing your wealth of knowledge. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Hello,

A last comment (not about wrinkles)...

When the Veendam sails out of the NY harbor, You should be standing at the highest point at the front of the ship, as the ship heads out into the Atlantic Ocean. The wind will be swirling around you and your hair will be askew but it won't matter Then you will (or should) better understand why so many enjoy cruises.

Hello,

A last comment (not about wrinkles)...

When the Veendam sails out of the NY harbor, You should be standing at the highest point at the front of the ship, as the ship heads out into the Atlantic Ocean. The wind will be swirling around you and your hair will be askew but it won't matter Then you will (or should) better understand why so many enjoy cruises.

I am sooo... looking forward to that and seeing the New York City skyline from the deck of the cruise ship. I have always dreamed of going on a cruise so this is truly going to be special.

One little trick I learned when I went through boot camp years ago was to fill a water bottle/canteen/etc... with very hot water, laying your clothes down flat like on a bed, and passing the bottle over it like you would with an iron. Yeah, its not as hot as an iron, but works in a pinch.

Archived