Fort Lauderdale parking

My1stc

:) There are many hotels in the area that if you stay at the night before, let you park for free for the duration of the cruise. In the last 2 years I stayed at and parked at the Comfort suites just a stones throw from the terminal. once for 41 days and once for 26 days They have a great free hot bkfst buffet and will take you to and from the ship for free. For others try www.stay123.com

Look up "Park N Fly" on the internet. They are just outside the Port and have parking for both the Port and the Airport. They pick you up right at your car and take you directly to whatever pier your ship is docked at. When you return they pick you up at the pier and drop you off again right at your car. The driver will carry your luggage on the van. They are less than $15 a day and I have found them to be very efficient both for the Port and the Airport. I live in Ft Lauderdale and use them all the time. Much better than using the parking garage in the Port itself.

Check out HAL's offer about Park 'N Fly:

PLANNING & ADVICE

KBYGv3.gif Print this page

Airport Parking

Park 'N Fly offers discounted off-airport parking rates through the Park 'N Fly Network offering service from more than 65 major airports nationwide as well as Port Everglades, Florida.

parknfly_logo.jpg Click here for more information.

Parking at the port is completely safe. Its much safer than parking in an unsecured parking lot at a hotel. Plus, when you disembark, your car is right there waiting for you. No need to mess around with shuttles or anything. The port itself is a "secured" area, which inherently makes the parking much more secure. I've parked there many times with no issues.

We have stayed at LaQuinta also. Good price for a basic hotel, but you need a car if you want to do any last minute shopping and to go to a restaurant. If you are cruising for mor than 7 days, the free parking pays for the room and you will be able to relax the night before and not have to worry about getting to the ship on time. They have a breakfast in the morning and the first shuttle leaves for the pier at 11 am. Just make sure you sign up for shuttle as soon as you check in. There is a large shopping center nearby with a K-mart BJ's wholesale and many restaurants.

Look up "Park N Fly" on the internet. ....... Much better than using the parking garage in the Port itself.

Not sure why you would say PnF is better than the port parking garage? When you park in the garage you are on the interstate while the PnF people are taking the shuttle and transferring their bags to shuttle, off shutlle, to their cars.

Cost aside, I cannot see how any thing can be better than parking at the port. You drop your bags at the curb, drive across the street, park your car, walk back across the street and your in the check in area. When you get home, you get off the ship, one person gets the bags while the other goes across the street and gets the car. Load up at the curb and your on the interstate within 15 minutes of walking down the gangplank. The fact that the garage is within the confines of the port makes it extremely secure. No one without a boarding pass or other valid port credentials is even allowed through the gate.

How can anything be better? Maybe I'm missing something. :confused:

We always park at the port now. Very easy.

Our last two cruises were on ships that had express disembarkation. I know that's not for everyone, but for us when the cruise is over...it's over...and we want to be on our way.

We were off the ship by 7:15 am, crossed the street, in our car and home before 10 am.

:)

I have found Park N Fly to be better as you avoid entering the Port with your car and getting into all the traffic both coming and going. If there is a line for security to enter the Port, you avoid that also. The shuttle driver handles your luggage so you do not have to bother with it. With AAA discount (or other discounts) the cost is much less than the Port garage. But it's all a matter of opinion. I was just giving an alternative.

Keep in mind those of you who decide to park at a hotel's open garage for free, your insurance may not cover should your car be broekn into or stolen from an unsecured area.

We checked on that as one time the Embassy Suites in our area told us that we could leave our car in their lot for free. But insurance company said that we would not be covered for and damages, etc.

PnF currently charges $12/day for port parking. Reservations are urged and may even be required. There is also a senior discount which brings the cost to about $10.25/day. The Port Everglades garages still charge $15/day and charge full price for handicapped vehicles unless the driver uses hand controls or has a wheelchair lift; they will inspect the vehicle, but parking is free if you qualify [ask when you pull in, not on the way out].

BTW, parking is free with a handicap tag or plate at Miami International and at the Miami port garages.

Archived