Simone leaving the Star...anyone know who the new concierge will be?

jvsnana

I was just looking at the $$, 34 or 36 suites and tips from those suites every week, she could have a base pay + tips, and yes she work 16+ hours a day. I have no facts on her pay, but if she received lets say $50 to $200 a cabin per week and maybe more from the Owners suite and Garden Villa, 4 owners suites $200 per week and 2 GVs at $ 400 to $600 per week. My math says she is doing O.K. remember she lives and eats on the ship for free.

She could have a better offer from another cruiseline or hotel chain, whatever she chooses I'm sure she will excel at it.

We are going on the Star in May, so far I have not met a single person in their position that I haven't loved, I have sailed the most times with Alex who is no longer with NCL, really loved him.

mew1

Hmmmmmm.. very interesting.. a little bird has told me that Simone is looking for an apartment in LA, CA. where she and Chef Andreas will live (Chef Andreas while he is not onboard the Star). Wonder what Simone is up to.

I guess the tips were not as good as previously thought... An apartment in Los Angeles vs. a house in Beverly Hills. Was that an insensitive comment? "OUCH"

How many months does Andreas get off a year? 1,2 why buy a big house for just one person most of the year, or you need time to look for that big house, and since you don't live on a big ship anymore, you will need a place to live.

Belkys just left the Spirit and is on vacation--unless she cancelled--which i doubt--- Erika Heim has also quit NCL right after she married 9 confrimed in an email from her from India)

BG

Bruce on the Spirit said Belkys was having some medical issues taken care of during her time off - she may go to the Jewel when she returns. She doesn't have a home ship; she fills in for the other concierge during their (well deserved) vacations.

Simone resigned, she did not 'retire.'

No matter how much we pay in tips, working 24/7 for months at a stretch for 7 years for NCL is NOT easy work. Some of us are harder to make happy than others.

Please don't speculate on how much she made/saved etc. It's really none of our business-- just as I don't want the staff and crew speculating about my financial situation when I'm in the GV for a couple of weeks. As far as I'm concerned, she earned every penny and then some.

She went home to Cape Town. She had to stay in LA a few days because she couldn't get a flight home because of the ash situation in Europe. Andreas is staying on board.

We love Simone dearly and wish her and Andreas the very best.

No matter how much we pay in tips, working 24/7 for months at a stretch for 7 years for NCL is NOT easy work. Some of us are harder to make happy than others.

Please don't speculate on how much she made/saved etc. It's really none of our business-- just as I don't want the staff and crew speculating about my financial situation when I'm in the GV for a couple of weeks. As far as I'm concerned, she earned every penny and then some.

She went home to Cape Town. She had to stay in LA a few days because she couldn't get a flight home because of the ash situation in Europe. Andreas is staying on board.

LOOKING AROUND>>>> Oh, yea! I still live in a free country where I have free speech rights and can say and think what I want. So..... Who in the world are you to tell us what we can say???? Just for the record my comments were purely intended as HUMOR as I could care less what someone makes and where they live. Also... love your status dropping "when I'm in the GV for c couple of weeks". Cheers!

I try to keep my comments short. It doesn't give some people as much fuel to try to discredit you.

Simone and Andreas are great people and deserve the best life has to offer.

LOOKING AROUND>>>> Oh, yea! I still live in a free country where I have free speech rights and can say and think what I want. So..... Who in the world are you to tell us what we can say???? Just for the record my comments were purely intended as HUMOR as I could care less what someone makes and where they live. Also... love your status dropping "when I'm in the GV for c couple of weeks". Cheers!

I was only thinking about what impact some words might have on Simone when she reads this.

As for the GV comment, I meant it as an illustration, but of course you are absolutely free to find it offensive if you like. I have no idea who you are, so I can have no idea what you intend as humorous or, conversely, find offensive. Indeed, as I do not believe I know you, your anger, defensiveness, enjoyment or any other emotion expressed here can and does have no effect on me.

As for who am I, a close friend of Simone's. Close enough to be concerned about the impact of public speculation on a very private matter. That's why I posted. I know that she sometimes reads cruise critic and if she doesn't, others who know her will and will tell her what is said here.

And free speech works both ways...but I only requested that that people stop that speculation. Should you choose not to, that's your business. But if you have any kind regard for Simone, perhaps my comment will make you think before you type.

I certainly don't care how much Simone makes.. I agree 100% that how much anyone makes is a very private matter. I will say no matter what she made it wasn't enough for the service she provided. I will miss her on our sailings on the Star as if she were a dear friend. I would hope when she reads this or any other thread she would be able to tell who adores her, who posted with humor, and ignor any other postings. I do hope it is true that she is looking around in LA. Makes her closer to most of us. 8-)

EDIT:.. PS. I do hope and think that any comments made about how much she made was meant in jest and fun, and not serious comments.

Wow, this has realy become a big buzz kill, I see people playing both sides. Did anyone post that Simone did not deserve what she made for her hard work? I have seen so many posts go this way with the same people flying in like a seagul, dropping some crap off and flying away again. Good luck Simone

Now lets see if the same 10 comment on this, I will be counting, you seaguls just can't stay away from this one.

Wow, this has realy become a big buzz kill, I see people playing both sides. Did anyone post that Simone did not deserve what she made for her hard work? I have seen so many posts go this way with the same people flying in like a seagul, dropping some crap off and flying away again. Good luck Simone

Now lets see if the same 10 comment on this, I will be counting, you seaguls just can't stay away from this one.

#1 here..... Simone, Best to you and your family! Thanks for wonderful week when we stayed in the "Garden Villa". Looking forward to the Villa on our 2 week Back to Back Epic sailing. The only thing that could make it better is if you were with us. Cheers!

You know.. reading so many post about what great service Simone gave them while in the GV really does speak volumes about how great she was to me. We were in the lowest suite, an AE, and from what I have read I feel like we got just as good of treatment as anyone else. That honestly can not be said for some Concierge with NCL. That is why I know Simone will be a huge success no matter what chapter of her life is about to open up for her.

Must agree with Terry, Simone treated us so great (we were in an AE) and introduced us to Andreas, both very friendly . Our second experience with a Concierge was nothing like our first terrific experience! Simone if you are out there, Congrats on your future endeavors!

This was from our Feb. 09 cruise, and O yes we stayed in the Garden Villa #14500

The picture says April on it but it was Feb.

Was that pic taken in Aqua? Chef Andreas gave us a tour of the galley and all of that area down on decks 3 and 4 (at least that is my memory of what decks it was) and I loved it. It was like walking through a maze at times.. and secret doors, etc. We ended up after the tour in Aqua and never really knew how we got there.. LOL.

Was that pic taken in Aqua? Chef Andreas gave us a tour of the galley and all of that area down on decks 3 and 4 (at least that is my memory of what decks it was) and I loved it. It was like walking through a maze at times.. and secret doors, etc. We ended up after the tour in Aqua and never really knew how we got there.. LOL.

Yes it was, we had about a two hour tour of the galley with Andreas,I did get locked in one of the freezers while taking some video and had to be let out after my DW could not find me. Simone joined up near the end ( she had been off helping other guests)for photo's.

We were just on the Star and had Simone as our concierge.......she was truly amazing, actually made our cruise so seamless and heavenly..........she didn't say she was leaving the Star, just that she was going home to the UK for a holiday with her family. We spoke to her many times and she didn't say she was leaving indefinitely, just a holiday.........???

We were just on the Star and had Simone as our concierge.......she was truly amazing, actually made our cruise so seamless and heavenly..........she didn't say she was leaving the Star, just that she was going home to the UK for a holiday with her family. We spoke to her many times and she didn't say she was leaving indefinitely, just a holiday.........???

Well I guess we'll see who the Concierge is tomorrow:D

Leah (Browniegirl) I'm bummed that Bill & I didn't get to meet you on our 4/10 Star cruise. I asked at Sail-Away and someone said we just missed you. Guess we were playing tag! We are trying out one of those AJ's on the Star next time. How about you, cruising again anytime soon?

Ruth

Archived