Simone leaving the Star...anyone know who the new concierge will be?

jvsnana

A rather insensitive remark, I would say.

It looks like the insensitive remark should go to you, since now it looks like Simone is not leaving the Star or NCL?

You said that "Simone left NCL"

I try to keep my comments short. It doesn't give some people as much fuel to try to discredit you.

Simone and Andreas are great people and deserve the best life has to offer.

Hey.... You would think such a good friend would be better informed.

But I got this from Simone herself. So they are looking in LA.

Plans may change but MSescada spoke with Simone while she was staying in LA just before she headed back to Capetown and I don't think that's in the works. Yes, we are close to Simone and Andreas, having been privileged to be at their wedding last December. We are not aware of any change in her plans such as staying on with NCL.

Plans may change but MSescada spoke with Simone while she was staying in LA just before she headed back to Capetown and I don't think that's in the works. Yes, we are close to Simone and Andreas, having been privileged to be at their wedding last December. We are not aware of any change in her plans such as staying on with NCL.

No.. I know she isnt staying with NCL. .she is gone from NCL. Not for sure why you thought I said she was staying with NCL. I was wondering what new adventure she is up to that she would be looking for a place in LA. That info, I got from Simone.

• 4 months later...

I never had the chance to meet Simone, but wish her well wherever she's off to. As for the current concierge, it was Belkys as of last week. It was our first suite experience so I don't have anything to compare to, but she met our every request with a smile and we thought she was great.

I never had the chance to meet Simone, but wish her well wherever she's off to. As for the current concierge, it was Belkys as of last week. It was our first suite experience so I don't have anything to compare to, but she met our every request with a smile and we thought she was great.

Wonder what happened to Patrick. He was our Concierge when we were on the Star in May.

Sherri and Clay

No.. I know she isnt staying with NCL. .she is gone from NCL. Not for sure why you thought I said she was staying with NCL. I was wondering what new adventure she is up to that she would be looking for a place in LA. That info, I got from Simone.

Well - I have mixed emotions about this WHOLE thread. It seems as though everyone loved Simone and Andreas and that they made numerous cruisers feels very special - average suite passengers to the Garden Villas guests. We too felt as though we had experienced the "best" when sailing with her in the GV late last year. But then again, this was our first NCL cruise and so it is hard to compare? I leave that to you "Diamond/Platinum?Double whatever" people to decide as you have more experience with concierges than I....although I doubt that you would receive any service from a concierge that is truly "sub par" being in a GV or you they would probably not last long at that position? Just my thoughts....

And we too wish Simone and Andreas well. We too did the "private" tours, hung out with them and all that you previous passengers described. We did NOT however get invited to the wedding! (But that would have seemed EXTREMELLY strange seeing as though we had just met her two weeks before she left for the big event!)

So.....we LOVED the service that Simone provided - but again, you would expect that in the suites right? And we tipped extremelly well (four figures for four people that did not even use the concierge for any services other than two dinner reservations and the limo trip home)

And then I contacted not only NCL but members on this board in order to get in touch with Simone as we wanted to send she and Andreas a wedding gift (MORE money!) and did so after being contacted by her with details as to where to forward gifts, etc......

And now.....(get ready to come at me with BOTH barrels!).....BUT I was really disappointed that I never heard from either one of them with regards to a thank you. Mind you there are lots of past passengers of Simone that probably loved her service throughout the years but would not have even considered to go to the extra expense and trouble to send a wedding gift. And before you all begin to feel "special" I was surprised to hear from Simone (while on our last cruise with her) that there were "some" people on this board that felt that they were her true "friends" and therefore tended to "overstep" the boundaries of the actual relationship of a passenger and concierge....lest some of you begin to feel "too" special!

So although we felt priviledged to have her as our concierge....it still was disappointing to never even receive a thank you....either by mail or an e mail. And believe me....I have kids that are TOTALLY spoiled but they STILL manage to get thank you's out....even if it kills them. And YES there is a way for me to verify that Simone and Andreas did indeed receive the gift ($)!

That having been said.....we still could not have had a better experience and wonder what the next concierge will be like. I used to think that no one could compare to Simone's service but am sure ready to give it a try! And best of the world to both of them....in LA, Capetown or wherever their plans take them. And "maybe" their momma just didn't teach them right? It just seemed to be disappointing as I expected more from Simone....

Archived