Book Miami hotel now for January?

youngestof9

I understand that January is peak season in Miami. I am hesitant to use hotwire (we have 4 people) because I'm chicken. LOL. So is it worth it to book now? I'm looking at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon and it's $189 (I found a coupon code online, so I think I could get it for about $159 last I checked).

Will I see it any cheaper than that or should I just book now?

I wish I wasn't so afraid of using hotwire. :)

Thanks!

We book as far out as one year, sometimes. You can certainly book now as long as it is fully refundable. Any change in plans, etc. and you could be left holding a non-refundable room if you go through one of the booking websites. If you book directly with the hotel, make sure to read the cancellation policy.

Once you book, if you see a cheaper rate for your hotel, e-mail or call them and ask for the reduced price. We did that for our hotel next month in Fort Lauderdale, and they honored the reduction. Awesome!

We stayed @ Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon www.homewoodsuitesmiami.com and would highly recommend it, especially if there are 4 of you. We had a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suite with kitchen, beds were nice and comfy, hotel was clean, safe, quiet, provided free shuttle from the airport, shuttle to the port was only $10 per person, and there was a complimentary hot breakfast buffet in the morning, check out time was 12pm.

It might not be less than the Hampton, but for what you get for the money, it makes the trip all that much more enjoyable, I will stay there again no problem.

Check the website, they do run specials, I paid $207 per night w/tax

thanks! Pat - can't use priceline because I have 4 people and they don't guarantee it.

I ended up booking the Hampton. I searched for coupon codes and found one as long as you have a Hilton HHonors number (which I signed up for immediately and it's free) and ended up getting it for $151 plus tax - so $170 altogether for a 2 queen bed room.

I'll continue to watch but since it was refundable and you only needed the CC to guarantee it and not pay for it now, I did it.

Thanks for your suggestions!!

BarJen - I was back and forth with the Hampton and the Homewood and due to the walking nature some restaurants and the publix, I went with Hampton. Thanks though :)

We stayed @ Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon www.homewoodsuitesmiami.com and would highly recommend it, especially if there are 4 of you. We had a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suite with kitchen, beds were nice and comfy, hotel was clean, safe, quiet, provided free shuttle from the airport, shuttle to the port was only $10 per person, and there was a complimentary hot breakfast buffet in the morning, check out time was 12pm.

It might not be less than the Hampton, but for what you get for the money, it makes the trip all that much more enjoyable, I will stay there again no problem.

Glad to hear the positive review for this hotel. We booked it pre-cruise for one night next March. I searched and searched to look for a place where we can spend a day just totally relaxing and this seemed to be the place.

Sorry, it was the Hyatt suites not Hilton suites that I ended up booking.:o

Archived