Theoretical (?) Scenario

VentureForth

Its a Friday morning and I'm bored. So I was pondering (a dangerous thing by any means).

You book a cruise smack in the middle of Hurricane Season. You're a cheapskate so you don't but travel insurance.

Sure enough, there is a descent threat of inclimate weather on the horizon. Your CL won't cancel the cruise, opting rather to make the best of it and hopefully make at least one of the three ports of call with the rest of the trip "Days at Sea" - and those seas are rough.

Do you bite the bullet and go anyway knowing this ain't the trip you paid for? Or do you go ahead and cancel with full loss, knowing that at least you'll stay sane?

A note, You've heard of the "calm before the storm," it is true. If you're ahead of the storm the seas will be calm. And the storm sucks up all the energy wherever it passes, so if you are behind the storm, it will be calm. Only if the ship is in fairly close proximity to the storm do you experience rough seas. And they really try to avoid that.

And for us, the cruise is the thing.

I don't mind missed ports...rough seas would be more difficult for me to deal with BUT, I would go.

I believe that the Captain would do his best to get out of the rough water for as much time as possible. Rough seas= sick pax= loss of bar renevue.

It is not in their best interest to spend an entire week in 24 foot swells.

I'd take my chances. I wouldn't cancel anything if it meant a full loss...unless my life was in danger, of course. :p

Fine......take your game and go home....your rules stink:mad::p:D

You come into a thread that I started and because you don't like my scenario you tell ME to take my game and go home? ??? Whatta pompous...

To those that have answered with their flame throwers off, thanks. Those are the answers I was interested in. Seems like a) most folks would buy full cancellation insurance, b) if not, they would take to the waves.

Facinating!

You come into a thread that I started and because you don't like my scenario you tell ME to take my game and go home? ??? Whatta pompous...

To those that have answered with their flame throwers off, thanks. Those are the answers I was interested in. Seems like a) most folks would buy full cancellation insurance, b) if not, they would take to the waves.

Facinating!

You give a scenerio of go or loose your money........gee I wonder what the answers will be:rolleyes: And all your answers were B by the way:D

Facinating!

Oh and if you would have read my post it was a joke........

I've dodged plenty of hurricanes to go on a cruise, so the obvious answer would be "if I can get there, I'm going".

I do buy insurance but I typically enjoy sea days more anyway. I enjoy the beaches but next to the pool with a bucket of beer is a good day. My sanity is never a concern as I am pretty much insane anyway.

At least before I take a cruise as a week doing nothing restores my sanity pretty quick.

If the cruise was less expensive during the hurricane season, and I could afford to go, I'd go. The captains do all they can to keep you in the least amount of storm. The cruise is an adventure. If I get to a port, then I have more of an adventure. I don't cook, don't clean, and don't do dishes, so I'm fine. I don't buy the insurance.

Archived